What springs/shock oils you guys running for bashing on Revo 3.3?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corneileous

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Years and years ago when I bought this Revo, I guess it was because I was running the stock white springs up front and the green springs in the back with the stock shock oil that was causing my truck to bottom out all the time which is why I decided to put the long travel kit on that came with my truck. Well, even though I’ve had this truck for over 10 years, I really haven’t ran it a whole lot and just here recently I’ve got back into it and have done some research and found that putting the progressive two rockers back on made my truck handle so much better than it did before. Just here recently, I put the green springs up front and the tan springs in the back with 50w shock oil which seems to be a better setup however, I haven’t ran my truck with this new setup with the stock-sized tires, either. I put those Canyon MT tires on which were far too soft, then I put on the Duratrax six packs which were much better but since I plan to put either the stock Talons back on another brand of tire that’s the same size as those, what do you guys run for coil springs up front and on the back? I don’t do any racing or nothing, just driving around wherever I can.

Also, i’ve replaced all my A arms with the ones from RPM, and the true track kit on the back that eliminates the the rear toe setting capability. I also have the rear wing on the back of my truck as well. Everything else is still pretty much stock.

I like how my ERBEv2 does with the following:
P2 rockers/rods
70w AE VDK #3 front
60w AE VDK #2 rear
RC Raven Springs

I run a bit stiffer spring on my nitros with vdk #2's and 60-70wt, can't recall, been a while since I did them. Silver front/purple rearon my 21TM 3.3 chassis revo and blue front/purple rear on my lrp28 big block 3.3 chassis revo.

This was my last run with the 21TM revo:

And my ERBEv2 revo, same place:

The RC Raven springs are softer, so it bottoms out more, but it drives better/less bouncy. Rod ends last longer too. The blue/purple springs put a hurting on rod ends.

Yeah, I think before I make anymore spring/shock oil adjustments, I’m gonna try my truck out this weekend on the smaller Talon tires. So far my current setup has worked ok I guess with those much bigger, heavier and much harder Duratrax tires. Can’t really say ya or nay with the Canyon MT tires I bought because of how light, soft and squishy they are even though they are much bigger around so I guess the real test will be with the stock sized tires.

Back