What upgrades have you done to your 1/24 axial scx24?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the best wheel and tire combo

Dang dog

Do those do good on rocks too
The Mud Slingers seem to be the best from all the vids I have watched. But they are pretty big. I just installed some Trail Kings on the C10 and they seem to be awesome tires, but I am waiting for my son to show up to finish the last wheel and cut the body for clearance. We are going to be installing a set of carbon frame rails and a new motor at the same time.

Last edited:
I have changed just about everything. Started stock right before Christmas.now has an old school Chevy body,hott racing motor. All alum. T case, 43 mm shocks,alum axles,brass diff covers,4 mm longer axle shafts, 4mm wheel spacers. 69mm rear control arms upper and lower to roll the rear end. Carbon fiber frame. Alum control arms alum control arm bracket. Rear alum control arm bracket. Alum battery tray and alum reciever tray. Bigger mud slingers tires and bead lock rims. Upgraded servo and bracket coming this week
Where u get the Chevy body, and how do I go about acquiring one

Where u get the Chevy body, and how do I go about acquiring one
I bought mine at my local hobby shop but you can get them on eBay or Amazon. Most all of them are 1/25 scale but still work great

Thanks to @Xraycer who reccomend the Injora servo upgrade kit, installed and works flawless. The eco power was just too big to fit properly on my deadbolt. I was also able to "propely" mount my yeah racing steering link to the horn as well. Before, I had to leave out the bushing to and use the stock sholder bolt. Full articulation restored, no rubbing! Exited to get it out and run it!
20220201_160007.jpg
20220201_160521.jpg

Another inexpensive upgrade I highly recommend are these brass extenders. It'll widen the stage by around 7mm and added a little extra weight down low to forget lower the center of gravity.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T93LMDK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_i_N90W79ZYCMXBYMA37JGC
Funny, I've was just looking at full sends +10mm axles. I think the next step is getting some weight down low one way or the other. Widening it out would definitely be a good decision. Going to wheel it a while and get a feel for what i got and see where i need to go. Also contiplating a distant future 4 link setup.

Funny, I've was just looking at full sends +10mm axles. I think the next step is getting some weight down low one way or the other. Widening it out would definitely be a good decision. Going to wheel it a while and get a feel for what i got and see where i need to go. Also contiplating a distant future 4 link setup.
I've learned that too much weight, even when it's down low, is not always a beneficial thing.

Show ur baby and what u did to her

Didn't know do u have a 6x6 scx24!

Cool. I will be starting on that in a few weeks. Breydon hasn't been here for 3 weeks now due to this Covid stuff, and now crazy blowing snow. So hopefully next weekend we should be back on the 24's and getting some mod vids up. But the 6x6 will be a bit. Waiting for some portal axles to come in stock.

Cool. I will be starting on that in a few weeks. Breydon hasn't been here for 3 weeks now due to this Covid stuff, and now crazy blowing snow. So hopefully next weekend we should be back on the 24's and getting some mod vids up. But the 6x6 will be a bit. Waiting for some portal axles to come in stock.
Can you give me a shout out in ur next vid and dm me?

Back