What upgrades have you done to your 1/24 axial scx24?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What upgrades have you done to your 1/24 axial scx24??
Well I started stock after Christmas like most. Then I put treal hub extensions on some aluminum links. A hot racing 050 motor. Some samix deadlocks that are weighted. New steering servo new metal steering links some power hobby tires and hot racing telescoping shocks. Here's A pick of before and after before on bottom after on top!
IMG_20220109_144103_kindlephoto-759769089 (1).jpg
IMG_20220105_200238.jpg

I was referring to the 6x6. But. I think I will eventually put some rock bouncer body on mine. Slowly getting there.
Oh yeah. That one isn't too shabby. I already have the worm gear, 4 shocks, the chassis, and a bunch of spare parts. When the axles come out, I hope to start building.

Ok folks, I ordered a set of beadlock rims for our scx-24 c-10. I made an incorrect assumption and clearly did not read the description; and ended up buying rims without tires….
Can I remove the stock tires and mount them?

RCLions 4pcs Aluminum Alloy RC Beadlock Wheel Rims for All 1:24 Axial SCX24 AXI90081 AXI00001 AXI00002 Deadbolt RC Crawler Car Upgrades Accessories https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092ZFT53V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_i_MK78NDC0MAA59C63PJ6N

Ok folks, I ordered a set of beadlock rims for our scx-24 c-10. I made an incorrect assumption and clearly did not read the description; and ended up buying rims without tires….
Can I remove the stock tires and mount them?
no they are glued on I think, you would do yourself a favor to buy a new set from rc4wd anyway. My Mickey Thompsons work well, but the mud slingers everybody is running must be where it's at.

no they are glued on I think, you would do yourself a favor to buy a new set from rc4wd anyway. My Mickey Thompsons work well, but the mud slingers everybody is running must be where it's at.
Thanks, they are Definitely glued, wasn’t sure if I’d be creating a problem.

Not looking to change the overall size of the tire.
Are the tires you mentioned the same size as the stock ones???

The Mickey Thompsons I have are a little shorter, but they are alot wider. I think the mud slingers are taller and wider than stock. But, the rubber compound on the stock wheels are harder so you lose grip. Softer more pliable tread will help you get onto obstacles more easily. Also, not sure if the stock wheels have foam in them, I'm sure they do. I don't run foams, but you have the option to play with it.

The stock tires are not great crawling tires, but if you want to use them, you can remove them using acetone (I use the fumes method). However, not all tires will fit properly on all wheels.

RC4WD Mud Slingers are huge tires! You will have to either drastically lift the body off the chassis, or trim the heck out of the wheel wells.

The stock tires are not great crawling tires, but if you want to use them, you can remove them using acetone (I use the fumes method). However, not all tires will fit properly on all wheels.

RC4WD Mud Slingers are huge tires! You will have to either drastically lift the body off the chassis, or trim the heck out of the wheel wells.
There ya go. I wasn't aware of how massive they were. But either way, a nice set of tires will be beond improvement over stock tires. Now I want some mud slingers....

There ya go. I wasn't aware of how massive they were. But either way, a nice set of tires will be beond improvement over stock tires. Now I want some mud slingers....
MS next to stock Deadbolt
0210221922a.jpg
0210221922d.jpg

thanks, I ordered a set that look to be close in size. The wheels seem like they are probably wider so we’ll see how they look once mounted…
Here's the Mud Slingers next to stock C-10
0210221943b.jpg
0210221943a.jpg

Last edited:
Do not get the Mud Slingers they are great for mud not crawling do to their square edged tread get a set of something else... You'd be doing yourself A favor

Do not get the Mud Slingers they are great for mud not crawling do to their square edged tread get a set of something else... You'd be doing yourself A favor
That's absolutely wrong! RC4WD Mud Slingers are awesome crawling tires! The compound is super soft and super grippy. Those deep, sticky knobs grabs and grips on everything. These are my current favorite crawler tires.

That's absolutely wrong! RC4WD Mud Slingers are awesome crawling tires! The compound is super soft and super grippy. Those deep, sticky knobs grabs and grips on everything. These are my current favorite crawler tires.
What terrain are you crawling that makes a huge difference with their performance

I have Mud Slingers on our Deadbolt and a hill the truck wouldn't come close to climbing became easy after installing them. @Pat_ranch has them on his C10, and shared some vids of it crawling over some huge rocks, scaling huge vertical inclines like a spider. One of the most impressive crawlers I have watched in any scale.

There are also numerous vids comparing SCX24 tires, and the Mud Slingers always come out on top in the vids I have seen. So I am not sure what you are basing this on.

Their only downfall is their size. You have to trim the bodies in the front to use them, or use some serious hub extenders along with offset wheels.

What terrain are you crawling that makes a huge difference with their performance
Then perhaps you should have mentioned that in your previous post. Many guys here run Mud Slingers on their SCX24s. From what I'm here they run great on ALL terrains, not just my New England terrain.

Last edited:
Mud slingers are the most aggressive tire around. I like my super swampers too but mud slingers are crazy grippy. I have some in 1/10 scale also..

Back