what powers your ride?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
what setups are you guys running? motor, esc, batt, tx/rx and gearing.

I'm running (was) a CC 4600 with mamba on 16/90, 2s/3s and spektrum. But i will be running a Velineon motor now with everything else the same.

Slash number two has 2s, tq, 4600kv with mamba aswell.

Stock esc and motor with stock gearing.

Futaba 3PKS with 2.4 FASST radio setup.

Stock steering servo

Maxamps 2S 6500HC pack

I do have the Velineon setup I can drop-in when I don't race it in the spec class.

I also have a Hitec (can't remember which one) digital backup steering servo in case the stocker craps out.

I'm running the velineon system with stock radio gear and just some 4200 mAh

Velenion Motor, Mamba Maxx ESC, Spektrum DX3.0 radio gear, stock steering setup, 4000mah 2s, and 5000mah 3s lipos.

Right now it's the Stock XL-5 with the Titan Motor, but I plan on switching that over to the VXL system. As far as batteries, I'm using a 2s 5000 maH 40C LiPo, and a 8.4V 7 Cell 5000 maH Venom nimH battery.

Tyler, i would look into a mamba ESC..... you get the castle software, and have so so so much more control over all of the settings.

Tyler, i would look into a mamba ESC..... you get the castle software, and have so so so much more control over all of the settings.

I'd love to have it, but I'm a bit short on money right now. I'll considering it later on though. It's just that I already own the VXL system, so I have it here for my disposal.

I second the mamba, Castle really knows what their doing and their products work great! plus their customer service is second to none!

I am now running a velineon in my mane slash.

Mamba is over kill, and more expensive. you can get a SIDEWINDER with mamba 5700 (still overkill) for less than $150 at most hobby shops. the VXL setup goes for around $160-170. Plus you still have all the adjustability of the mamba in the sidewinder, just the mamba can handle the stupid fast motors.

not even close to over kill in my opinion, the slash takes alot of abuse and handles the power very well. throw a MMM on it then that might be overkill.

not even close to over kill in my opinion, the slash takes alot of abuse and handles the power very well. throw a MMM on it then that might be overkill.

+1 bt it would be badass. lol

Velenium motor, Mamba max esc, stock gearing, dx3s radio gear and losi 5k 2s lipos.

Electronics: Spec for racing / Velineon 3s VXL System For Fun (Till there is a mod class)
Battery: 2s 4000mAh Zippy Hard Case Lipo
Gearing: Currently 25/96 - About to go back to a smaller pinion with the new track layout.
Radio: Spektrum DX3S

Stock electronics for spec racing
Trinity 4500 lipo
19-83 gearing
DX3R Spektrum radio

one has stock esc and a speed gems pro 17 double turn, i think its at 18/90
the other has an Mtronics Genesys Pro ESC and a Fiego 4436 rpm motor. 20/83 on this one.

MM 7700, 12/90 gearing, 7 cell 5000mah nimh, 3PK w/fasst. Just burned the bearing out of 7700 yesterday. Now running my backup which is LRP AI pro brushless with LRP 10.5T with 16/86 gearing.

I am running the Novak Havok 3S ESC and a Novak Ballistic 8.5 motor with 4600 7 cell NiMh packs. I am using the stock spur and a 19 tooth pinion gear. My Rx/Tx is a Spektrum DX3R with Spektrum 3100 Rx.

I just ordered a Sidewinder w/5700 Motor should be here in a day or 2. What kinda gearing should I try out Ill mostly be running parking lot races, keep in mind my slash is a bit heavier then most I'm using the Thundertech Chassis.

I just ordered a Sidewinder w/5700 Motor should be here in a day or 2. What kinda gearing should I try out Ill mostly be running parking lot races, keep in mind my slash is a bit heavier then most I'm using the Thundertech Chassis.

I started off with a 19 tooth and the stock spur. I have since backed it down to a 17 tooth pinion and the stock spur gear. It was blazing fast and the temps never rose to higher than 132 degrees.

Back