What on earth should I buy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH...that does sound like a cool little truck...like a miniature nitro MT....sorry I should research my stuff before contradicting things...that does sound like a good viable price point RC...but I'd still have to say Revo as my first pick

Yea I'd rather have a Revo, but if all I wanted was a ST I'd get the MT2 .18SS.

Damn thanks everyone for the tons of replies!

I'm gonna check a local shop tomorrow to try and make my mind up but so far (due also to availablility) the MT2 sits on top of my list...

Whatever the outcome will be i'll be tellin' ya allrite!

Nevaren you said: replaced with RPM ball cups and Ti ball ends as i built the kit

what kind? link or somethin?

Like said earlier KIT vs RTR is a big thing for me as I like to DO something first rather than unpack and ride :)

Thanks!

Dominique

I think you should get a pony.

In all seriousnes a revo and most likely your hobby sho will have one.

The MT2 looks nice,since you are not racing on a "track". Plaidfish, you dont hear of them compared to the Losi and RC10 b/c the MT is 4wd,not a race truck you can run at most tracks.

How much are you looking to spend???The Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium is one HECK of a truck!!! You should look into "truggys" 1/8th buggies converted to trucks, the GS SUT and the Hotbodies are examples of these. Otherwise the Revo would be my choice.

As for aftermarket,it is HUGE for almost all types of RC. The Revo is getting as big of a following as the Savage,and the 1/8th buggy market is BOOMING. The ST are the ones that seem to have the least stuff for them, but that is a moot point. There is still a huge aftermarket for them too. You can always get a RTR,tear it down to get everything right,then upgrade as you break things.

I would get a NIB tamiya grasshopper off of ebay and beat the crap out of it. Then get a MT.
haha

Right here we are again... still haven't decided yet but it'll be either the MT2 or Savage. The lack of ground clearance tends to bias me towards the Savage...

Any more tips... ?

TacRacing: thanks for the offer but I already have my Kyosho crap for that :D

can't go wrong w/ durability on the savage...I just find it hard to really set up for handling unless you get a race chassis, then you end up spending so much dough and you still won't handle as well as the revo....what is your beef w/ the revo? are they not available where you're at?

If you want a savage you can get it in kit form its the one called savage SS if you didn't know :)

Lo Plaidfish,

Revo is RTR and I want a kit... I can get it tho but... dunno... it's about 200 euros above my budget, and I can't build it first which rather sucks IMHO. One of the reasons I want a new car is to put something back together. There's not much challenge in pouring in fuel and riding the thing :)

Hmm dunno I'll read a bit about it tonight :)

Hmm...

Cheerz,

Dom

Back