What music are you listening to RIGHT now?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is way outside Kix's music that I am used to. Holy cow, that's cool man! Brooks & Dunn is one of my favorite country bands. Crazy cool to hear him sing something else!

I heard it on a movie sound track when I watched a movie ,I waited an looked at what group it was
that did the music an then went to Y-tube an found the singer ,I thought it was cool as I grew up
listening to country music as my mother use to own a bar!.. :cool:

I heard it on a movie sound track when I watched a movie ,I waited an looked at what group it was
that did the music an then went to Y-tube an found the singer ,I thought it was cool as I grew up
listening to country music as my mother use to own a bar!.. :cool:
Yeah, that's just awesome. Kinda reminds me of this one by Garth Brooks when he did that crazy Chris Gaines alter ego stuff. I think this was just Garth showing off though. Helluva singer.

You might like this guy then. Helluva guitar player, or even a shovel 🤪 aka Diddly Bow 😉

I love Justin Johnson an use his stuff in my vids!..:thumbs-up::cool:
One of the pioneers of early rock before it was called Rock & roll!
This was one of the guy's that Elvis use to sneak around their barn while they was
practicing for their gigs before Elvis went big!..:hehe:

Last edited:
At the moment this.

This is a small sample of my main playlist. Aside from new "country" music I'm pretty all over the place. I constantly listen to new music because I made myself a promise when I was young that I wasn't going to be like my dad and pretend they stopped making music when I was in my 30's.

I also listen to a lot of stuff like Lindsey Stirling, The Piano Guys, and Vitamin String Quartet. It's just further down the very long list.
playlist 1.jpg
playlist 2.jpg

Mark is up there with SRV as one of my favorite guitarists of all time. Mark pisses me off though because he makes it look so easy to play that damn good.

And one thing funny about Mark. I used to take lessons, and have had multiple teachers tell me not to rest my pinky on the guitar while finger picking. But Mark does it too, so how bad of a habit can that be? Pfft! 🙃

Last edited:
Mark yes but in all honestly SRV no. I never really cared for his overpowering, over played licks. Don't get me wrong, he was definitely a good guitarist but in my opinion, just too hard on the blues.
Same with Hendrix, I never really cared for his music either.

My favorite is Actually Charlie Starr from Blackberry Smoke.

A couple songs from SRV I like, he attacks the strings no doubt.
I've been watching some guitar lessons all evening on youtube.
I love learning jazz and fingerstyle.

I like this guy...

Last edited:
Oh I'm getting down right religious today!! Cranking up my favorite Psychobilly crooner , The Reverend Horton Heat !!

Oh I'm getting down right religious today!! Cranking up my favorite Psychobilly crooner , The Reverend Horton Heat !!

Awesome ,love Rock A Billy music ,it is what started the Rock era ,an what made Elvis famous
if he didnt sneak around those barn yard bands that played in dance hall's!..:thumbs-up::cool:

Back