what good brushless on a budget 1/10th..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I been thinking, and i want to hop up my tc4. Its decent quick as it is but i want to make it blistering fast.

what is a good brushless setup that wont break the bank?

velion? sidewinder? other? about any 10th scale setup should fit i would think.

I'm not really worried about handling as i dont race it. it would be strait line runs and general "bashing".

For just a basic good setup to run nimh, and 2/3s lipo's, with no worries of heat issues, id go with the velenion setup. For a lil extra coin, you could do a mamba ESC, with velenion motor. I LOVE this setup. Its all i use now.

have you done this on an onroad? what kinds of speed are you seeing?

havent done with an onroad, but did have my slash setup for onroad, (wheels/tires) and with the velenion motor, with mamba maxx ESC, and 4000mah 3s lipo and was seeing 45mph just above half throttle. Had 1LB of weights on the front end, and hit 59 mph before i lost control. Still had plenty of throttle left as well. and was only seeing temps of about 120f after hard runs.

i have a car already.. i want to upgrade it.

It sounds like Alpine has a really hot setup there. It sounds like it might be good for your needs.

The only problem I see is fitting a 3S lipo in your TC4. It's a light car, so for all out speed you can just run a hotter motor on 2S without heat issues.

What is your budget?

I'm not sure what they run, but it will be a project and be spread out over awhile. i want to upgrade a little at a time but still be able to drive it in between. I'm thinking $150 to $200 for motor and esc, and then probably that much again on batts. hope to stay way under that though. I'm basically looking for the best bang for the buck.

your right it is a very light car, and stock its pretty peppy, but i want to hit the throttle and people are like "where did it go??"

If you are interested, I have an LRP Sphere Comp TC ESC and LRP 4.5 motor set-up that will be in your price range. The LRP set-up on 2S will smoke both the VXL set-up and the sidewinder 4600 on 3S everyday and twice on Sunday. :D

If you wait, you can also get the new Mamba Max Pro ESC and 9000KV motor set-up when it's available.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXXWJ0&P=ML

Back