1/18 Scale Crawler, Motor / ESC Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blindfaith429

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Looking for a motor / esc combo for my M18MT crawler I'm building. The motor mount can handle up to a 380 can size.

Reedy makes a 50 turn, 380 "crawler" motor (the model CR380), which would be a decent fit for the motor. ESC could be something like the Hobby Wing 1625 Quick-run (meant for brushed motors and 1/18 scale vehicles).

I would be interested in a brushless set-up if possible, as it seems like those are mote customizable (drag brake, throttle engagement, etc), but I'm not really finding anything explicitly advertised as a "brushless crawler combo" in the size I need. Obviously ones exist for the smaller 1/28 trucks and the larger 1/10 scale.

I'm thinking about just running the CR380 / Honny Wing 1625 to start, as the pair is only about $35. Will allow me to at least get it driving and see what I need / want from there.

Thoughts?

Looking for a motor / esc combo for my M18MT crawler I'm building. The motor mount can handle up to a 380 can size.

Reedy makes a 50 turn, 380 "crawler" motor (the model CR380), which would be a decent fit for the motor. ESC could be something like the Hobby Wing 1625 Quick-run (meant for brushed motors and 1/18 scale vehicles).

I would be interested in a brushless set-up if possible, as it seems like those are mote customizable (drag brake, throttle engagement, etc), but I'm not really finding anything explicitly advertised as a "brushless crawler combo" in the size I need. Obviously ones exist for the smaller 1/28 trucks and the larger 1/10 scale.

I'm thinking about just running the CR380 / Honny Wing 1625 to start, as the pair is only about $35. Will allow me to at least get it driving and see what I need / want from there.

Thoughts?
Holmes HobbiesTake a look around here. They might have something.
Put 380 in the search box.

Back