best skatepark basher 1/10th scale

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCBASHERJEDI21

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hello guys I am just wondering on what rc vehicle will be a good rc to take to a skatepark because I would like to get a vehicle which can take a beating as well as do tricks such as backflips etc.

It can be 1/10th scale or, 1/18th scale either one would be a good idea

A 1/18 would take far less damage at a skate park, so I would maybe start there. But the Tekno MT410 is supposed to be able to take a lot of abuse. It's a kit though, so you have to build it and buy your own electronics to put in it.

I had seen 1/8 arrma kratons and outcast's at the skate park on some videos. The new Traxxas sledge might be able to do the skatepark.
But if you want to stick to 1/10 I agree with @WickedFog with the mt10. For 1/18 I know losi has the mini t/b. Traxxas has some 1/18 and 1/16 cars but don't know on how they are going to be.

You Tube reviews of the Associated MT10 has it surviving skate park encounters fairly well. Skate parks are a tough environment for RCs. Few will fare well there.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Good luck. 'AC'

Hello guys I am just wondering on what rc vehicle will be a good rc to take to a skatepark because I would like to get a vehicle which can take a beating as well as do tricks such as backflips etc.

I have a K6S EXB and a sledge and lots more but nothing against those two beasts
But there is a New kind of beast in town
I'm super impressed and in love with my new Outcast4s v2
It's surprisingly faster then the Sledge or seems to feel as such I threw in an old Tekin rx8&T8 gen 1 with a 9500mah 90c CNHL 4s1p
It's taken an absolute beating and can triple quad backflips all day long plus it's Just a Nice RC to run and easy to handle highly recommend!!

Skate parks are one of those things that the better you get the less you will break, most of the time.

I take my Vorteks to the skate park from time to time and the only thing I've broken was a chassis on an extremely bad landing when I was learning how to rotate. As long as Jenny's RC is around Arrma is a good choice because you can get replacement parts cheap.

The other thing people tend to forget is that when you add a chassis brace or aluminum arms it's just going to put more stress on another part. Pick a truck you can get cheap stock replacement parts for and it will make the experience less painful for your wallet.

For 1/18 the Mini ERevo is supposed to be pretty good from what I read.

Pretty sure if you watch the front wheel this is where the chassis broke.

You can see the chassis is broken in this clip. Made sure the battery wasn't compromised and ran another pack through after.

The chassis was cheap from Jenny's and it was a good experience to tear the car down completely and swap everything over.

I know others may not agree with this, but i have had really good luck with a Traxxas Slash 2WD many times at skate parks and drained pools. Even when it did break, it was minor things like lower arms. As for Arrma, i started with an Arrma Granite, that i eventually turned into a Senton truggy, and every time i ran that on anything concrete with jumps, it would constantly break. Even my Losi 22S SCT broke way less than my Arrma build did. I think the reason for that has a lot to do with weight. Arrma's 4WD stuff is a lot heavier than a Traxxas 2WD, so it seems like that extra weight translates to harder landings. The only time i found the Arrma to be somewhat durable, oddly, was in the winter in snow. The Slash was also way easy to flip and do odd stunts with, whereas the Arrma was harder to even do back flips with. In one instance with the Arrma, in the middle of summer, i jumped off a roughly 4 FT. drop, broke both lower control arms, the left upper link, blew a shock, and destroyed both front hubs. In one year, I had more money tied up into constantly repairing my Arrma, than i spent on both the Slash and 22S SCT, although, i did buy both of those used.

If I was going to skatepark bash Id probably start with an HPI Savage Flux and then upgrade it as parts break. Id start with this one because the Savage has always been one of the toughest kits right out of the box and you can make them almost bulletproof with a handful of upgrades.

I know others may not agree with this, but i have had really good luck with a Traxxas Slash 2WD many times at skate parks and drained pools. Even when it did break, it was minor things like lower arms. As for Arrma, i started with an Arrma Granite, that i eventually turned into a Senton truggy, and every time i ran that on anything concrete with jumps, it would constantly break. Even my Losi 22S SCT broke way less than my Arrma build did. I think the reason for that has a lot to do with weight. Arrma's 4WD stuff is a lot heavier than a Traxxas 2WD, so it seems like that extra weight translates to harder landings. The only time i found the Arrma to be somewhat durable, oddly, was in the winter in snow. The Slash was also way easy to flip and do odd stunts with, whereas the Arrma was harder to even do back flips with. In one instance with the Arrma, in the middle of summer, i jumped off a roughly 4 FT. drop, broke both lower control arms, the left upper link, blew a shock, and destroyed both front hubs. In one year, I had more money tied up into constantly repairing my Arrma, than i spent on both the Slash and 22S SCT, although, i did buy both of those used.

Interesting. Other than the aluminum hubs the only "upgrades" I've done to my Vorteks are a 3d printed shield for the driveshaft and for the bellcrank to keep rocks out.

I went into skate parts as a total newb and haven't broken anything else since the chassis. I do carry extra arms and hubs in my toolkit though as well as enough stuff to fix anything smaller. I would have to be a ways from home to swap shock towers or a chassis in the field.

I will say the weight is a thing, my wife has a Rustler 4wd VXL and it is a fair bit lighter than my Vorteks so a 2wd Slash should be even lighter.

I recently pulled out my old RC10T as it's going to get a complete teardown this winter and maybe a simple brushed setup. All my other trucks feel like a cinderblock compared to that thing.

My son has a lot of 1/10 scale RC’s and TBH the Losi Mini B is our favorite RC for doing tricks inside the skate park bowl in our neighborhood. It’s just the right size and speed and doesn’t break if it lands on unforgiving concrete.

Back