What glow plug temp should I get?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lmao45

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay, I've Pretty much completed my break-in process, and haven't had a glow plug fail at all, I've heard they foul out like crazy during break-in, but I haven't had one go yet, is this good or bad?

Also, what heat level Glow plugs should I use? I was going to buy a few more extras online, but they have "Cool", "Hot," "extra hot" and "Super hot." I'm just confused.... Help?

No harm, no foul! lol It's alright if you don't burn up any plugs during break in. I've had some motors use 1 for each step of break in and others hardly burn 1 for the first gallon. As for the type of plug to use, I've always used the recommended for the motor. There should be a recommendation in the instructions.

Thanks! Instructions that came with the car had nothing about glow plugs, it was mostly just warnings! I have a .18CXP engine from exceed.

OS A3 (#6) i believe is what is recommended in the 18CXP. I like O'donnell plugs better myself though. Depending on what fuel % you are running...id probably use a O'donnell purple

With 20% and a small block you generally run a hot plug. As mentioned the OS A3 should work fine for you.

Score 1 for my LHS, 'cause that's exactly what they recommended to me, for the same type setup, when I came in looking for plugs.

Nitro bike

Where are any nitro tracks I'm in michigan?

Hey Genuu I'm in jackson. their is a little rc track in Michigan Center, its behind Holiday Powersports. Theirs also someone else on here thats in michigan, i dont remember who.

Nitro tracks

Which michigan center are u refering too?

have fallin in love with merlin plugs