What engine Picco .26 or OS .30 or other?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Chaos

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
My first built from scratch RC is almost done.Rc solutions Cyber-Maxx chassis,3.3 motor and drivetrain,RPM arms,Alluminim bulks,Clawdawg JUMBO maxx tires. The Traxxas 3.3 seams a little lazy now with the extra weight and rotational mass.It seems a little sluggish off the line(no wheelies),I have been tuning and checking but I think it could be this thing just got fat.I am running a RR Steal combo 44/15 spur/clutch bell.

My question is...I have a Brand New Picco .26MAX.
Should I drop this in?
or
Put it in one of my Revo's or other TMaxx and get a real big block like an OS .30 or Axial .32 for the MAxx? I have the room with an extended chassis.

Is the Picco a good engine?

I think this truck is begging for torque.Its gonna be my #1 basher.

picco is nice ,i put a os 21 vg in my revo i love it so much i might get another for my t-maxx, it comes in bump ,pull and roto start, check out some of the vids on youtube

Picture002-2.jpg

Last edited:
I would go with The O.S. 30. O.S. is known for great engines and the 30 is a torque monster. It should be able to lift the tires fairly easy. It will be a big set up from a 18(The 3.3)
If you still arn't satisfied you could have it modded by reputable people for fairly cheap.
If you go that route I would suggest ABMods
Great guy and he really knows how to wake engines up.

I'm glad to see that link. I've been looking into someone to mod an engine and his stuff looks really good.

If you want a good, reliable, easy to tune engine, go with the Picco. The one on my max runs perfectly with plenty of power to spare (in fact I can't run without the wheelie bar unless I want the top of the engine scraped off). On the website it states that it has at least 2.5 hp. I'm sure if you tune it well it'll be more like 2.75-3 hp.

It runs like a tank. It'll idle for a gallon without any complaints and go strong afterwards. Plenty of power to spare all through the throttle range.

I think the tip of the powerband is about 30k rpms, since when it shifts gears it sets the arse end down like a weight got dropped on it.