picco 26 maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meister1993

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I've had this picco 26 maxx for a while now I can't get the thing to run more then 30 seconds or so its brand new and I'm not a newbie to nitro engines I get a little ticked off and end up putting my traxxas engine back in any ideas

I've had this picco 26 maxx for a while now I can't get the thing to run more then 30 seconds or so its brand new and I'm not a newbie to nitro engines I get a little ticked off and end up putting my traxxas engine back in any ideas

If its brand new ,then the needle settings are probably set at factory settings ,try leaning the HSN needle in a little ,
an also ,give it short blips of throttle to keep it running as you further break the engine in ,that helps clear the
eccessive fuel out do to the rich settings!

I don't know if it holds true with the picco maxx engine or not, but the normal picco's take a lot of fuel before they are "broken in". Think in gallons, not tanks. So your going to have to fight with it a bit for quite a while, but once it's broken in, it should reward you with good power and a long life.

I have a picco p3 28 new in box that I never used in anything. May just keep it for nostalgia at this point since you can't really get parts for it. I know that one requires at least a gallon before it settles down. It was the "go to" engine for savage guys for many years, a decade ago.

I don't know if it holds true with the picco maxx engine or not, but the normal picco's take a lot of fuel before they are "broken in". Think in gallons, not tanks. So your going to have to fight with it a bit for quite a while, but once it's broken in, it should reward you with good power and a long life.

I have a picco p3 28 new in box that I never used in anything. May just keep it for nostalgia at this point since you can't really get parts for it. I know that one requires at least a gallon before it settles down. It was the "go to" engine for savage guys for many years, a decade ago.
Any chance you’d sell that .28 ?