Picco maxx .21

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adron boyd

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello my name is Adron. I am from Albuquerque New Mexico. I just purchased a picco Max 21 Turbo EZ start for my T-Maxx 3.3. I have gone through 23 tanks almost a full gallon... and the engine is still very sluggish. I have just added 30% VP Nitro to it. My glow plug is p3 os Ultra hot. The 30% natural made a little bit of a difference but it's still very sluggish my Traxxas 15 had more power then this thing. I tuned it when I was at the 17th tank. And still no dice. Now at tank 24 about to throw this thing in the trash.. I can't believe picco would design an engine like this.. I heard so much good things about this engine and it has been such a huge letdown full of frustration and stress. Picco has no customer support what so ever. After I drop 250 on a stock 2wd Traxxas Stampede. If I was doing anything wrong I think I would have caught it by now.. not trying to offend nobody just extremely frustrated. If any of you Nitro heads have any suggestions on what to do please feel free to comment.. because I am seriously about to give up.. smh

I'd run a medium plug and use the Picco plugs. Hotter plugs rob power. Try the medium and re-tune

I'd run a medium plug and use the Picco plugs. Hotter plugs rob power. Try the medium and re-tune
A few guys I run with don't like the VP fuel I never tried it but what is the oil% in it?

Last edited:
You might check out this thread:

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/rc-nitro-engine-performance-tuning.102688/

Robin at ERCM is very knowledgeable about tuning and pipes. One thing I noticed is that you're a hot plug with the 30% nitro, and I remember having to run a cooler plug with higher nitro content.
That is correct higher nitro cooler plug. Temperature also makes a difference. You'll want different plugs for different weather. Cold weather warmer plug, hot weather colder plug. Happy Bashing