What does it mean when...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthonycomer

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I use the glow starter, starts first pull and after a few seconds I remove the glow starter an the car just dies instantly?? Only way I can get it to keep running is with a lot of throttle. Thanks in advance

Anthony

Have you checked the glow plug on the igniter outside of the engine to see if it's working?

I use the glow starter, starts first pull and after a few seconds I remove the glow starter an the car just dies instantly?? Only way I can get it to keep running is with a lot of throttle. Thanks in advance

Anthony

This means that your carb is set too rich. As long as the glow starter is hooked up the plug can burn the rich mixture but when you remove it the engine dies.

With the glow starter hooked up start turning in your low speed mixture a 1/4 or less turn at a time. Blip the throttle after each adjustment to clear the excess fuel out of the engine. As you lean the low speed the speed of the engine will increase and this will require that you turn the idle adjustment out in order to keep the engine running at a fast idle.

Now remove the glow starter and the engine should keep running. If it still dies then repeat this process. Once you get it to run without the glow starter you can put it on the ground and start tuning the high speed mixture (assuming the engine is already broken in).

Lee

Got it all sorted thanks to winnerscircle, having another proBlem now!!!!!! I will post a new thread. Thanks

Anthony

Back