What do you do for a living?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FastEddy, the doors are a mix of a honeycomb composite panel inside, there is a fair amount of aluminum and stainless steel and then there is 14 layers of a material named "Spectra" (It's Honeywell's answer to Kevlar). All this is covered with a decorative laminate. It has a keypad that when the code is entered, the flight crew has 5-30 seconds to over-ride the access from inside the cockpit. Nobody's getting in unless they want them to. To give you an idea of how much beefier this is, this door weighs in at about 120 lbs vs 24 lbs for the standard door.

How thick is a single layer of Spectra?
Can it be formed with a lightweight resign to create a truck body?

It's about the thickness of two pieces of Tee Shirt. I'm sure it could be formed into just about any shape you wanted, provided you make a mold for it. As far as light weight, that may be a problem. Resin is generally thick, heavy stuff. It is also very brittle. I think you would have a rough time with it cracking. That's why we use a honeycomb core and just bond the Spectra to it.

Well, I figure I'll chime in on this one. Seeing as I need 1000 post to have an avatar....

My wife and I own and operate an independent video rental store and gameroom. At the time We work it out where we are both satisfied with the time we have off and enjoy not having to worry about other employees. However, If we start selling pizzas, I'm gonna have to work more and play less. Then again, It'll be more money to play with my toys.....

Database analyst for a trade show registration company. Build reports, databases, programs (4gl, C, Java) and try to not kill anyone. Started as a field tech, installing the networks and maintaining them at the shows (to much traveling, 220 days a year). Then became an analyst after 2 years, after 2 years of being an analysts, I run the technical side of my department.

Boring stuff most the time, high stress, crappy deadlines... wish I could take pictures at races!

Well my job is kinda of boring, I am into real estate. Mostly home loans. My aunt owns her own escrow office. So I am in. I also just started my own little stereo shop. I been in the industry for 9 years. I was a store manger of circuit city- roadshop, I been playing with cars for awhile. If anyone ever needs any car audio products- radios,speakers,subs just drop me a line. will give any member on this site a hell of a deal. peace!

I'm a CNC machinist/programmer. currently working for a poopy company that takes advantage of everyone. i make instruments for cataract surgery. yeah i have the capabilities to make all kinds of cool titainium parts, but no time to do it :-(

I've spent the past 7 years working in the auto repair buisness,this past year I was off work for a couple months due to having surgery.when I went to return to work I was informed by my employer that I had been replaced.so I finally said the hell with this (it wasn't the first time I'd been screwed over),and got a job in an automotive plant.currently I'm working on the line that makes framerails for the upcoming 2005 mustang.

just went from temping to full time at Linde Gas LLC. Propane filler. Reasonable money and damn near as much OT as I want :D Put in 79 hours in one week not too long ago

Full time basketball player. Just got recruited to Chaminda-Madonna. We goin 2 states this year !!!!!

I steal nitro R/C cars from people who dredge up threads that are over 2 years old, and I sell them on the internet.
This one was August, 2002. Install an alarm, and get a couple of Rotweilers.

United States Navy, Hospital Corpsman been in 11 years and some change!

Aspiring Registered Nurse!

Dream would have been a Culinary Chef! Emeril Lagassi (BANG!)

Woody

Çh®i§tiªñ said:
Wish ya worked for my IRS :eek:

I'm a dual position, high stressed, money collectin fool.....
On the formal side, I am the Vice President of BOTH I.T. and Operations of a very large collection agency that is located in both the U.S. and Canada. The office I am located at alone has 500+ people right now and generates close to 2.5 million a MONTH in revenue.

Someone has to do it :banana:

Don't know the company but I am guessing your in medical collections? I work in the same field or at least a similar one. The one I work for is a debt buyer, mostly credit card and auto loans.

Oh, and for the record, I will never call you at dinner time or any other time, not my department. Your lucky if I even call you back when you leave me a message. I'm in more of a position where you need to call and talk to me, not the other way around. Sometimes I feel bad for anyone who has to call me, depending on their attitude. Politeness goes a long way.

during the week form 7-3 I'm an Automotive mechanic's student and the rest of the time its custom airbrush art which slowly rolls in the cash to keep this hobby running. whatever i get my hands on i paint. my most popular at the moment is sneaker painting theres so many color shifts and nick nacs you can add to a simple old pair of sneakers.

Electrical engineer for Caterpillar in peoria Il. Work in the CAT electronics division designing the new D11 and off road mining trucks electrical systems. I would love to go to races and take pictures for a living. But I am happy where I am.

Matt

R/C before bills!!!!!!!!

I am currently running a business w/ my father whom retires this year I've been w/ the company 9yrs and what we do is gas weling equipment repair and reconditioning such as all your torches, regulators, and tig, mig, arcair guns, we've been in business in Orlando, FL for 16yrs and are considered the best in our field, and as far as the hobby it comes before the mortgage if you know what I'm talking about!!LOL I'm 30 married for 8yrs w/ two kids, my savage driving 10yo and 3yo girl!

About 7 years ago I opened a body shop and about four years later I sold it.I was only 25 at its peak.I had 7 emp. working with me what a pain in the ass.So after taking some time off (10 months) I started working from home.I buy wrecked cars and do all the repairs and resell them.It is a super low stress job all I shoot for is 1 car a month.Worst part is I dont have room for a frame machine so sometimes I use a freinds machine but the car comes in fri and has to be out Mon morn.This is why I missed the Hampton roads bash.

I"m a CBP officer for Homeland security. Started in Long Beach, CA now back to my small canadian border town. And its good to be home!

Back