What did you print today??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm calling the 1/24 pan re-design done.. and I am really liking this "cherry blossom pink" petg.. Its one of those colors that doesn't look printed until you really look close.. now to load some electronics and start testing the living bejesus out of it..
20230324_181126.jpg
20230324_181205.jpg
20230324_181221.jpg
20230324_181340.jpg
20230324_181450.jpg

Not bad for a little Anycubic. Really starting to think about a resin printer as I do more 1/64 stuff.

The pump handles actually printed and separate like the are supposed to lol.

PXL_20230326_181623355.NIGHT.jpg

Printed these little cabinets and toolbox and "painted" them with Sharpie.

PXL_20230325_195526320.jpg

Just built this for a guy in one of my FB groups. Hes been on the fence about getting himself a printer for like 2 years now and every time I post pics of my stuff he offers to buy one, etc, well I know he has a HUGE mini z track so I finally caved in and built him a car. He even gets to be the first person other than myself to have the new v2 car.. built out with full bearings, ceramic 8 ball differential, .8,.9, and 1.0mm roll links, -.5*, 0*, and +.5* toe linkages, 2 spring rates for the center shock ,42t and 44t spur gears, and installed and trimmed out the servo.. He just needs to ad his tires of choice and electronics..
20230328_175057.jpg
20230328_175350 (2).jpg

Just built this for a guy in one of my FB groups. Hes been on the fence about getting himself a printer for like 2 years now and every time I post pics of my stuff he offers to buy one, etc, well I know he has a HUGE mini z track so I finally caved in and built him a car. He even gets to be the first person other than myself to have the new v2 car.. built out with full bearings, ceramic 8 ball differential, .8,.9, and 1.0mm roll links, -.5*, 0*, and +.5* toe linkages, 2 spring rates for the center shock ,42t and 44t spur gears, and installed and trimmed out the servo.. He just needs to ad his tires of choice and electronics.. View attachment 162513View attachment 162514

Did he tell you he changed his address, let me give you his new one. ;)

Did he tell you he changed his address, let me give you his new one. ;)
You know, if you would like one , I always encourage people to print and build thier own , but I know a guy and could maybe make one happen for you .. ;);)

You know, if you would like one , I always encourage people to print and build thier own , but I know a guy and could maybe make one happen for you .. ;);)

I would love to take you up on that offer, but the SCX6 I just bought left a huge smoking crater in my budget for a while.

Umm... @Doom! has a 3d printer that's been in a box for like... forever 😜

He's lucky I don't live close enough to drive over and put it together for him, because I'd sneak off with his SCX6. I am sure I could tuck it under my shirt without him noticing 🤪

Speaking of printers and the SCX6 - that thing would be an ideal vehicle to get that printer going to make some cool stuff for man 😉

I know, I know... "leave me alone!" lol.

He's lucky I don't live close enough to drive over and put it together for him, because I'd sneak off with his SCX6. I am sure I could tuck it under my shirt without him noticing 🤪

Speaking of printers and the SCX6 - that thing would be an ideal vehicle to get that printer going to make some cool stuff for man 😉

@Doom! is that true? Come on man, we could get a Zoom meeting going and walk you through it. :p

@Doom! is that true? Come on man, we could get a Zoom meeting going and walk you through it. :p

At the moment my 3d printer is only halfway set up. still trying to make enough space to use it. Things got out of control with Mrs. Doom's health issues last year, and some things took the back burner. It is on my list of thing to do, but taking longer than I wanted.

Actually I could use a kick in the butt, I already have come across a bunch of stuff I would have made for my RC's if it was running and I'd known what I was doing. As soon as I get it going you guys will be sorry you offered to help. 🤣

Last edited:
At the moment my 3d printer is only halfway set up. still trying to make enough space to use it. Things got out of control with Mrs. Doom's health issues last year, and some things took the back burner. It is on my list of thing to do, but taking longer than I wanted.

Actually I could use a kick in the butt, I already have come across a bunch of stuff I would have made for my RC's if it was running and I know what I was doing. As soon as I get it going you guys will be sorry you offered to help. 🤣

LOL, once you get beyond the initial setup and dial in it gets much easier.

Actually I could use a kick in the butt, I already have come across a bunch of stuff I would have made for my RC's if it was running and I'd known what I was doing. As soon as I get it going you guys will be sorry you offered to help. 🤣
I was on the phone with Grey through his Ender build, and a few of his other printers while setting them up for first prints. It ain't no sweat man. When you get ready, I am a phone call away. And I can remote in and show you how to use the slicers. You'll be up and printing in no time.

I was on the phone with Grey through his Ender build, and a few of his other printers while setting them up for first prints. It ain't no sweat man. When you get ready, I am a phone call away. And I can remote in and show you how to use the slicers. You'll be up and printing in no time.
👆 This!

I keep staring at that wall thinking...
View attachment 162621

Great looking print!

Haha, at some point I need to stop adding to this project and clean up the showroom design so I can sell it as a kit.

EDIT: To be clear I didn't design the wall sections but I did have to modify them because they had some odd errors. Cura was just sitting frozen when I tried to slice it so I dropped it in Tinker and did this thing that often works where I resized it up then back to original size then exported it again. Click, boom it sliced in seconds and printed great. I ran a single section last night just to see how it looked.

Haha, at some point I need to stop adding to this project and clean up the showroom design so I can sell it as a kit.

EDIT: To be clear I didn't design the wall sections but I did have to modify them because they had some odd errors. Cura was just sitting frozen when I tried to slice it so I dropped it in Tinker and did this thing that often works where I resized it up then back to original size then exported it again. Click, boom it sliced in seconds and printed great. I ran a single section last night just to see how it looked.
I have to do that sometimes if I download a model. Some of the stuff created in surface modeling programs like Blender end up with holes in the model, and the slicers get confused trying to find the solid area of the model. Since there really isn't any, it gets confused.

Back