What did you print today??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wdMod

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
Like the title says -- Show us what you printed today!! I will start. Over the 4th holiday I wanted a quick project so I assessed what I had on hand in my parts box and decided I would build an Airboat . A little bit in tinkercad later and I designed the hull to be printed in 2 halves via spiral vase mode with a 1mm nozzle, the rest of the parts are printed solid.. Just spending time wiring things up for a test run now.
airboat.png
20220705_110012.jpg

Neat project, If I had any water near me I would love an rc airboat. :thumbs-up:
Thanks man , now lets see some of everyone elses printed projects..

Not much. Printed a trailer dolley about 6 months ago. Started working on it again. Painted it similar to a Consolidated Freightways pup. Working on chains amd wires for it.

Attachments

• 20220705_161606.jpg
    20220705_161606.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 55
Been meaning to do this one for a bit.. I constantly lose the press in bar plugs on my road bike.. So I designed a set of expanding plugs so I dont lose them anymore.. each one uses a 4-40 x 1/2" button head for the cone nut.
Bar ends cad.png
20220822_155105.jpg

Been meaning to do this one for a bit.. I constantly lose the press in bar plugs on my road bike.. So I designed a set of expanding plugs so I dont lose them anymore.. each one uses a 4-40 x 1/2" button head for the cone nut. View attachment 151046View attachment 151047
I want to make those for my dads truck and my truck. All the holes in the frame.

My friend had a next bmx. I stood on the pedal and stomped trying to spin in dirt. I snapped the crank and landed on the bar. Had a 3/4 ring from the handel bar on my tummy long time, 6 month maybe?

Looks great.

You mean that 3d printers can make stuff that's not rc related? that's crazy!

Good idea. :) I would not have thought of end plugs for a bike. :thumbs-up: I need to finish setting up my printer. :doh:

You mean that 3d printers can make stuff that's not rc related? that's crazy!

Good idea. :) I would not have thought of end plugs for a bike. :thumbs-up: I need to finish setting up my printer. :doh:
Its insane how much printed stuff I have around now.. Everything from Guitar picks (GREAT BTW !) to Bump boxes to roll 50 cones at a time..
guitar picks.jpg

Front and rear bumper project for the TRX4 I've been working on for a couple weeks now. 4th revision on the rear and 3rd on the front over the weekend. Rear print failed multiple times so I went back and printed the front again. Rear has been completely reworked now to be a direct fit on the TRX4 Sport, as long as it fits once I get it to print that is.

You can see I modified the Jerry can holder because the bumper was built to run a 1.55 not a 1.9. Newest revision also moves the tire carrier a little towards center.
PXL_20220828_155055416.jpg
PXL_20220828_155441043.jpg

New front I printed last night looks the same from the outside but now is a direct fit for the stock bumper mount in the TRX4. Only had time to snap off some supports and do a quick test fit this morning but looked like I've got it pretty close to right. Sits about where the mockup does.
PXL_20220819_132708350.jpg

Based off the 80 Series ARB bullbar. Grey stuff it the sticky stuff for putting posters on the wall, works good for basic mockup stuff.

Black was the first print of the original design with the wings dremeled off. I am going to add a little bit of the wings in when I clean up the mounts for the final print. Printed in Overture PLA Pro which I've had good luck with. Going to do a little bit of durability testing before final print in PETG.
PXL_20220830_014826520.jpg
PXL_20220830_014754831.jpg

Last edited:
More pics in my build thread but I got the final mockup bumper printed for the rear of the TRX4 and test fit it this morning. Printed too fast but this was just about getting fitment right which I think is exactly what I was going for. Going to hit it with a quick coat of black tonight and confirm then it just needs to be cleaned up in cad a little and printed.

Nice thing is I narrowed it enough, unintentionally, that I don't have to place it diagonally on the print bed for it to fit.

PXL_20220831_122308068.jpg

Combination 9V battery holder and cover for a ProCo RAT2 Distortion pedal I own :)

View attachment 151518

Nice. I didn't expect the 3D printer to not only add to my other hobbies like diecast and photography the way it has but actually drive them.

I'm currently working on a modular garage for my 1/64ish cars that will be a display and also have all panels pretty easy to remove so it can be a photo backdrop as well.

Back