What did you print today??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have no need for them. Not sure what you're saying. I'm just saying that part shouldn't require slowing it down at those dimensions.

My wife and I enjoy F1 and drift racing. I'm old school and my favorite F1 driver is Emerson Fitipaldi and my wife likes Charles Leclerc. We bought these matching tin signs but they were very flimsy so I printed up some backing plaques to mount the tin signs to that have a single nail hole and keep the tin signs flat.

20230222_103316.jpg

My wife and I enjoy F1 and drift racing. I'm old school and my favorite F1 driver is Emerson Fitipaldi and my wife likes Charles Leclerc. We bought these matching tin signs but they were very flimsy so I printed up some backing plaques to mount the tin signs to that have a single nail hole and keep the tin signs flat.

View attachment 160749
Nice!!

We got em hung up today. We decided to put them on either side of my dads shadow box from Viet Nam. I think it looks pretty good :)

View attachment 161312
Very Nice. I now have a machine freed up to get back to MY stuff. That 3 days with no power last week put the work I was doing for others behind schedule a bit.. Been working on a redesign of my 1/24 pan car rear pod. From an older "10L" style pod where you have to pull the axle out and the pod a part to swap the motor , to a newer style easy access design where nothing has to come apart other than taking out the motor bolts to swap the motor out. BTW That silver PETG is now officially my new favorite filament for mechanical prints.. Looks a ton like machined aluminum to the naked eye. On the left I designed a couple of tail light housings/mounts for my recumbent trike lights that key to the top of the seat frame. The bodies on the right are my 1/24 pan car design rescaled to fit 1/28 mini-z pan class dimensions.. Sending about a dozen of those in various colors to Ken in colorado to pass out at the local mini-z meets since their scene is HUGE there . The yellow top fuel is a thank you build for a local guy who does a TON for the community. When he heard I was sick he organized a raffle to help me out with medical bills.. Thanks to him the wife and I had to pay very little out of pocket for my recent surgery. Hes into crawling mainly , but always eyeballs my stuff and comments on the pics on my social media , so I am building him a RTR as a thank you.. Then theres my favorite print I have done this week.. My garden gnome.. Hopefully the deer take the hint and stay off my green beans when they sprout this year..

20230303_124725.jpg

Very Nice. I now have a machine freed up to get back to MY stuff. That 3 days with no power last week put the work I was doing for others behind schedule a bit.. Been working on a redesign of my 1/24 pan car rear pod. From an older "10L" style pod where you have to pull the axle out and the pod a part to swap the motor , to a newer style easy access design where nothing has to come apart other than taking out the motor bolts to swap the motor out. BTW That silver PETG is now officially my new favorite filament for mechanical prints.. Looks a ton like machined aluminum to the naked eye. On the left I designed a couple of tail light housings/mounts for my recumbent trike lights that key to the top of the seat frame. The bodies on the right are my 1/24 pan car design rescaled to fit 1/28 mini-z pan class dimensions.. Sending about a dozen of those in various colors to Ken in colorado to pass out at the local mini-z meets since their scene is HUGE there . The yellow top fuel is a thank you build for a local guy who does a TON for the community. When he heard I was sick he organized a raffle to help me out with medical bills.. Thanks to him the wife and I had to pay very little out of pocket for my recent surgery. Hes into crawling mainly , but always eyeballs my stuff and comments on the pics on my social media , so I am building him a RTR as a thank you.. Then theres my favorite print I have done this week.. My garden gnome.. Hopefully the deer take the hint and stay off my green beans when they sprout this year..

View attachment 161361
Very cool stuff man! That little pan car chassis looks sick!

Love the pan cars!
I decided to go through and do a re-design on the 1/24 pan and fix a few things I didnt really care for in the current car. Mainly to make things easier to work on, but there a few performance tweaks being put in too. .. On another note finished this guy up for my buddy John, going to present it to him this weekend as thanks for all the help hes extended over the last couple months.. picked his wifes brain for the color.. BRIGHT yellow it is!

20230308_131251.jpg

I decided to go through and do a re-design on the 1/24 pan and fix a few things I didnt really care for in the current car. Mainly to make things easier to work on, but there a few performance tweaks being put in too. .. On another note finished this guy up for my buddy John, going to present it to him this weekend as thanks for all the help hes extended over the last couple months.. picked his wifes brain for the color.. BRIGHT yellow it is!

View attachment 161506

How much space do you need to run that dragster and turn around?

How much space do you need to run that dragster and turn around?
around 90-100ft. 1/24 quarter mile is 55 feet. so the rest is run down area. 180* turning radius is around 8 ft at low speeds. we can stay in one lane with a pair in the road out front of the house.

around 90-100ft. 1/24 quarter mile is 55 feet. so the rest is run down area. 180* turning radius is around 8 ft at low speeds. we can stay in one lane with a pair in the road out front of the house.

That's not to bad. :thumbs-up:

Been working on the re-design of my 1/24 pan.. After driving the previous iteration for over a year I had a small shopping list of things I wanted to change slightly and tweak a bit.. first off was the R pod in general.. The design I had been using was functional but dated and not easily accessible when it came to motor swaps. The old design required the rear axle be removed and the pod be disassembled to swap the motor. New design is very open so its as simple as unbolting the motor and unsoldering it. I also widened the rear pod at the axle and narrowed the L side drive hub so there was less unsupported axle exposed . While I was at it I moved the damper disk system more inline with the pod pivot point as previously it was in front of the pivot point causing progressive dampening as the suspension compressed. So while we were changing that we may as well redesign the upper deck etc, etc,LOL Long story short every part of the chassis was changed slightly and so was the body.. Notable changes were tieing the caster blocks back to the chassis for better rigidity, changing the ackerman on the steering knuckles/draglink, completely different bumper , Body is the same design , but not a "hardshell" , more of a medium shell, printed with 1mm nozzle from PETG , it trims out like a lexan body and has the mount system incorporated into the body so it just clips into place.
20230311_071759.jpg
20230311_071649.jpg

Been working on the re-design of my 1/24 pan.. After driving the previous iteration for over a year I had a small shopping list of things I wanted to change slightly and tweak a bit.. first off was the R pod in general.. The design I had been using was functional but dated and not easily accessible when it came to motor swaps. The old design required the rear axle be removed and the pod be disassembled to swap the motor. New design is very open so its as simple as unbolting the motor and unsoldering it. I also widened the rear pod at the axle and narrowed the L side drive hub so there was less unsupported axle exposed . While I was at it I moved the damper disk system more inline with the pod pivot point as previously it was in front of the pivot point causing progressive dampening as the suspension compressed. So while we were changing that we may as well redesign the upper deck etc, etc,LOL Long story short every part of the chassis was changed slightly and so was the body.. Notable changes were tieing the caster blocks back to the chassis for better rigidity, changing the ackerman on the steering knuckles/draglink, completely different bumper , Body is the same design , but not a "hardshell" , more of a medium shell, printed with 1mm nozzle from PETG , it trims out like a lexan body and has the mount system incorporated into the body so it just clips into place.
View attachment 161979View attachment 161980
That is too cool!

Todays prints have been more centered around the 1/24 pan re-design.. the last couple days have been spent redesigning the ball diff.. V2 is a 1-piece axle design opposed to the 3-piece construction of the previous design.. once again , I am using the TPU pad in the assembly to provide the spring rate. Cost to build this ball diff axle is around $8 using bulk chrome steel balls. for around $15 you can build an axle with ceramic diff balls... Now to test and tune and hone it to perfection..
Ball diff V2.png
20230322_111308.jpg

Finished this build for another local today.. From the sounds of it a few more of his buddies are going to want some shortly.. Usual fare in this build 55t brushed , 2s, totally 35mph capable .
20230322_212953.jpg

had to snap this pic of my cars and others before their owners come pick them up. Collectively there is 205 mph sitting there.. 3 on the left are my personal cars , 2 on the right are customer rides. 4 of them are 'stock' 2s 50t powered 35 mph machines, then theres my penzoil speed run car .. 3s , 9500 kv geared 3.33:1.. 65 mph..

20230323_073827.jpg

Back