What did you print today??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has to be my favorite one I have built so far just because of the cool color change in the filament.. Stronghero 3d Chameleon Mirror chrome PETG..
20230118_152340.jpg

Good call on the solid printed TPU for a part like that BTW.

Figured I would inject a bit of humor into the thread.. was scrolling through a 3dp group on FB wading through the hundreds of issues post holidays and found this gem.. At first I was like Holy hell , I can't beleive that even finished , that has to be the worst benchy I have ever seen, then I saw it was on a Prusa and was like WTF?!?! then I read down a bit further and it was the guys first attempt with a 3d pen at a benchy , and at that point I was like wow , that not bad really, , then I got to thinking how many people scrolling were just like WOW dont buy a prusa , look at that crappy benchy!!! and keep on scrolling..
Prusa benchy.jpg

Figured I would inject a bit of humor into the thread.. was scrolling through a 3dp group on FB wading through the hundreds of issues post holidays and found this gem.. At first I was like Holy hell , I can't beleive that even finished , that has to be the worst benchy I have ever seen, then I saw it was on a Prusa and was like WTF?!?! then I read down a bit further and it was the guys first attempt with a 3d pen at a benchy , and at that point I was like wow , that not bad really, , then I got to thinking how many people scrolling were just like WOW dont buy a prusa , look at that crappy benchy!!! and keep on scrolling.. View attachment 159105

1mm layer height at 20mms. 🤪

Definitely an odd way to post that.

sending this out to a You Tuber in Colorado.. Hes going to do the builds on his you tube channel..
20230126_220907.jpg

Most of the time my machines are busy prototyping out things I design , so I took a couple days to do a fun print/build just for me, Its Not R/C , but it should be,LOL.. It was a fun build. This is all filament , no paint. Printed on a first gen basic ender3 (8bit board/spyder hot end) . Printed in TPOIMNS silver PETG with the black and white stripes in sunlu PETG , hubcaps and exhaust are sunlu silk PLA, Tires and undercarriage are Sunlu Black PETG with white PETG stripes. Not my design.. can be found here for free- https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/hot-rod-north-american-p-51d-mustang-fighter-nacho3d
20230129_174622.jpg

Most of the time my machines are busy prototyping out things I design , so I took a couple days to do a fun print/build just for me, Its Not R/C , but it should be,LOL.. It was a fun build. This is all filament , no paint. Printed on a first gen basic ender3 (8bit board/spyder hot end) . Printed in TPOIMNS silver PETG with the black and white stripes in sunlu PETG , hubcaps and exhaust are sunlu silk PLA, Tires and undercarriage are Sunlu Black PETG with white PETG stripes. Not my design.. can be found here for free- https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/hot-rod-north-american-p-51d-mustang-fighter-nacho3d
View attachment 159296
Very cool! 😍

That thing is badass!
Is it all printed?
What printer did you use?

That thing is badass!
Is it all printed?
What printer did you use?
Yes sir.. all printed , no paint. Just a plain jane ender 3 v1 with a spyder all metal hot end. Literally the oldest machine in my arsenal..LOL

Yes sir.. all printed , no paint. Just a plain jane ender 3 v1 with a spyder all metal hot end. Literally the oldest machine in my arsenal..LOL
I guess I should have read the previous post where you mentioned most of that.
Very cool I followed you on Cults. Nice job with a E3v1 They are good printers.
Is it just a roller or do you plan on putting a motor in it?

I guess I should have read the previous post where you mentioned most of that.
Very cool I followed you on Cults. Nice job with a E3v1 They are good printers.
Is it just a roller or do you plan on putting a motor in it?
I actually contacted the designer on Twitter and am going to propose we do a colab to turn this R/C .. Its a free file , so I hope hes good with it as I want to keep the R/C version Free also..

Things like this are why I want a core machine with at least 350 mm z height.. take out container dispensers for a local food truck owner.. each piece was 305mm z height and 976g of PETG.. printed with a 1.0mm nozzle . 3 layers, print time on each piece was 38 hours.. Mainly because running it on a bed slinger meant that once things were past the 2/3 Z height marker it was time to slow things up a bit that last 100 mm to make sure things stayed stuck .. last thing I wanted to do was have 1 pop loose after 30 hours and 3/4 a spool of filament.. .. all 4 finished no problems. 2 yellow and 2 blue .. the last one came off the machine about 30 minutes before the customer arrived to get them.. Kept that machine busy for a week solid,LOL ..
20230216_140813.jpg

Things like this are why I want a core machine with at least 350 mm z height.. take out container dispensers for a local food truck owner.. each piece was 305mm z height and 976g of PETG.. printed with a 1.0mm nozzle . 3 layers, print time on each piece was 38 hours.. Mainly because running it on a bed slinger meant that once things were past the 2/3 Z height marker it was time to slow things up a bit that last 100 mm to make sure things stayed stuck .. last thing I wanted to do was have 1 pop loose after 30 hours and 3/4 a spool of filament.. .. all 4 finished no problems. 2 yellow and 2 blue .. the last one came off the machine about 30 minutes before the customer arrived to get them.. Kept that machine busy for a week solid,LOL .. View attachment 160541
I would have no problem running those at full speed all the way to the top. This was printed at 40mm/sec and is over 400mm tall and was only 2.4mm wall thickness. So a strip 2.4mm wide in a curved shape was all that held it on the glass bed. I have printed lots of things like this. If you get good adhesion... no worries. Those parts should have more than enough surface area to print them 3x that tall, easily.
20230218_135710.jpg
20230218_140209.jpg

Last edited:
I would have no problem running those at full speed all the way to the top. This was printed at 40mm/sec and is over 400mm tall and was only 2.4mm wall thickness. So a strip 2.4mm wide in a curved shape was all that held it on the glass bed. I have printed lots of things like this. If you get good adhesion... no worries. Those parts should have more than enough surface area to print them 3x that tall, easily.
View attachment 160545View attachment 160544
Then do it.. Piece is 305mm tall ,OD is 144mm , ID is 127, floor is at 6mm,,. slot in the face is 52 mm wide from 8mm z to top, Flat for mounting on the back is 58 wide, 2 -5 mm mounting holes at 205 and 255 z .. 1mm nozzle,.3 layers, running 3walls , 25% cubic infill , 4 bottom layers, 6 top layers.. each part weighing at 976 grams when sliced. you have 4 rolls of petg on hand , 1 of the colors you need is out of stock so what you have is what you have so a failed part = replacement material???? .. machine can only run 1 piece at a time on the build plate.. customer is picking up a week from today.. .. and go..

Last edited:
Back