What did you BREAK today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lambdapriest

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Post your Ls.

Wish I'd taken a photo, but I didn't have much time and my mission was to learn how to clear that damn quad.

It cost me a right front arm, a left front lower shock boot (not sure what it's called? The attachment point at the bottom of the piston), and shook the right rear shock tower mount loose.

Yesterday, on a slightly different layout, I snapped a left front arm on my 2wd 21.5t 22 5.0. Grabbed a photo of that on the bench today.

IMG_7997.jpeg

Oof.
The cup is the spring perch or spring retainer or spring cup. The screw cap at the bottom of the shock body which holds the shaft and rings in place, I guess thats called the lower shock cap.
Yesterday at my track practice. I didn't get any pics. But i got running video. I broke / lost the wing button / screw, so I used a smaller screw, which made me have a adjustable wing from forward and back. Ill try to find something to hold the wing in place. Slash didn't break anything besides a screw backing out (camber link) Mini B didn't break. It was just carpet getting in the dogbones and hexes like normal.

Dude, the "carpet getting into everything all the time always" situation is out of hand! It's not as bad as dirt, but still a pain.

Thanks for the tip on the names, I didn't know those either - but I broke something else... it's the bit that threads on to the bottom of the piston, and is bolted on to the arm. On the TLRs, it has a metal bushing that snaps in that the screw tightens against - I blew the plastic part off the bushing. I just looked up the part number (TLR233031) and I guess it's called a "shock end".

Maybe you could use a washer under the screw to give some bite to the wing? I didn't bore my holes big enough on the wing that I just installed on my wheeler... so it's definitely locked in place, because they're just big enough for the screws to fit through 😂

Dude, the "carpet getting into everything all the time always" situation is out of hand! It's not as bad as dirt, but still a pain.

Thanks for the tip on the names, I didn't know those either - but I broke something else... it's the bit that threads on to the bottom of the piston, and is bolted on to the arm. On the TLRs, it has a metal bushing that snaps in that the screw tightens against - I blew the plastic part off the bushing. I just looked up the part number (TLR233031) and I guess it's called a "shock end".

Maybe you could use a washer under the screw to give some bite to the wing? I didn't bore my holes big enough on the wing that I just installed on my wheeler... so it's definitely locked in place, because they're just big enough for the screws to fit through 😂
Shock ends / eyelet. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.