What charger should i get for this battery pack?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozzy500

RC Newbie
Reaction score
bought a used rc car but didn't get a charger with it, very new to this stuff and dont know what charger could be compatible with this battery?
IMG_20220714_122354.jpg

Any Lipo capable RC charger, which is any and all of them nowadays.

Looks like a 2200mAh 3s (3 cell) Li-Po (lithium polymer) pack.

Welcome to the forum Ozzy.

Depending on what kind of LiPo batteries you currently have, or plan to get, there are many options for chargers out there.

You'll want one that runs on AC so you can just plug it into the wall. The higher the wattage the better, but there are many factors to choosing a good charger. It is best to buy one that is sorta future proof, in case you decide later to buy RC's that require bigger batteries. My favorite charger, which will charge anything up to 6s is a Hota D6 Pro. Its key feature is that it has a really good balance circuit, which speeds up battery charging by quite a bit on multi-cell batteries.

With any charger, you will need the correct adapter cables to mate to your battery and charger. You don't show the discharge connector on your battery in the pic by the way. The connector you are showing is just the balance connector, which helps the charger balance each cell, read individual cell voltages, etc.

What is your budget for a charger?

Brands I have had good luck with...
ISDT, SkyRC, Protek, Hota, Toolkit RC

Look at Amazon for the adapter cables with whatever connector the charger you buy uses on one end (banana plugs, XT60, etc), and the connector for your battery on the opposite end (Deans - also called T-plug, XT60, JST, etc).

Looks like a 3S 2200 mAh. I use a Spektrum S150 for my stuff. It charges all my (4) batteries quick enough for a lowbrow RCist like me. But if you want some real battery power, go for these.

5 years ago I bought a hitecX4 AC Plus charger, while it did cost me over $230 it charges up any kind of battery I could possibly hook up to it , so far I've charged nicd, Nimh , lipo , life and even lead acid ! It can be hooked up to a PC to monitor battery performance.

Welcome to the forum Ozzy.

Depending on what kind of LiPo batteries you currently have, or plan to get, there are many options for chargers out there.

You'll want one that runs on AC so you can just plug it into the wall. The higher the wattage the better, but there are many factors to choosing a good charger. It is best to buy one that is sorta future proof, in case you decide later to buy RC's that require bigger batteries. My favorite charger, which will charge anything up to 6s is a Hota D6 Pro. Its key feature is that it has a really good balance circuit, which speeds up battery charging by quite a bit on multi-cell batteries.

With any charger, you will need the correct adapter cables to mate to your battery and charger. You don't show the discharge connector on your battery in the pic by the way. The connector you are showing is just the balance connector, which helps the charger balance each cell, read individual cell voltages, etc.

What is your budget for a charger?

Brands I have had good luck with...
ISDT, SkyRC, Protek, Hota, Toolkit RC

Look at Amazon for the adapter cables with whatever connector the charger you buy uses on one end (banana plugs, XT60, etc), and the connector for your battery on the opposite end (Deans - also called T-plug, XT60, JST, etc).
Thanks for answering i will check out the brands you gave me and see whats best atm, dont really have a budget yet until i know what price range the chargers are at but i will see.

Looks like a 3S 2200 mAh. I use a Spektrum S150 for my stuff. It charges all my (4) batteries quick enough for a lowbrow RCist like me. But if you want some real battery power, go for these.
Thanks for the tip but the thing is I'm only gonna use the battery for steering, i have a separate 23cc engine that powers the car.

Don't forget to get yourself a good case it will protect your investment

Back