what batterys for a rc10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrocat

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi I'm new to electric but not nitro i just picked up a AE rc10 at a yard sell for 30 bucks with out tires and rims and body or radio but its in great shape it has a novac extreme 8.5t brushless motor and a XBR sport esc what lipo or life batterys i need to get dont know what to grab just wana get a good one so it ripps :D

You will want to try getting a 6 or 7 cell NiMH pack with at least a 3000 mAH capacity as well as a charger. The higher the mAH rating the longer the rig will run. I don't think that the ESC on that rig has a LiPo cutoff on it. You can either purchase a new ESC or an external cutoff.

I used an earlier version of this ESC that didn't have a built in cutoff:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN4928

I never had a problem with it. You would have to get a higher turn motor for it.

I replaced that ESC with this combo in my SCX-10 trail truck:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN3736C

It's a really nice setup that isn't terribly expensive. I have seen them in that rig and it really rips.

it does have a 2cell lipo auto cutoff

I'm gona upgrade to mamba max or equivalant sooner or later i got some tires i pulled off old nitro rc10 gt2 I'm usin for parts there some roadrage in good shape and old traxxis radio i got just wana get it runnin atm for my son or wife(if i paint the body pink i know she'll drive it lol )i wana get a lipo that will work with the mamba when i get it

To work with the Mamba, it needs to be at least 4000mah and 20c. I'd go at least 5000mah and 30-40c. It's less stress on the battery when it can deliver more juice easier.

Back