What are your other passions/hobbies/things you enjoy doing? (Not RC)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B1+ch I oper8.

FB_IMG_1550940814523.jpg

I do miss being on 2 wheels but my 700HP Procharged Challenger keeps me entertained too. Plus its much more comfortable lol. I'm good though the arthritis does make it difficult sometimes to do things but I manage :)
View attachment 133797
View attachment 133798
View attachment 133799
That is something!!! Oh my days she’s gorgeous!
We don’t get chance to see many of the special US models here in the uk, even our mustang has been changed to a Euro spec now!
My granddad had the ‘92 Thunderbird SC, that was quite the car tbf! There’s something about the proper US motors that appeals to me 🤘😉

That is something!!! Oh my days she’s gorgeous!
We don’t get chance to see many of the special US models here in the uk, even our mustang has been changed to a Euro spec now!
My granddad had the ‘92 Thunderbird SC, that was quite the car tbf! There’s something about the proper US motors that appeals to me 🤘😉
Thanks man. Shes my pride and joy. I know what you mean about cars getting "dumbed down" Even in the US theyve started trying to pass laws to restrict how much you can modify street cars. They are slowly stripping our freedoms one by one. One day I hope to rebuild the engine with forged internals and custom cam. Then I can run max boost on the pro-charger. Should take her up to about 950ish HP but thats a long way off yet. Might even have her ported out to a 426 if its possible to do that at those HP levels but even if not the 392 aint no small engine lol

Kidd Innovation Design most definitely has top quality stuff but no sir, I was talking about my family of .22 caliber rifles from the standard .22LR rifle up to my .220 Swift. I have two or three, .22LR , .22 Hornet, .223, .22-250, .220 Swift , and then on up to a .243. I love flat shooting, smoking hot fast rifles.
I also have a .17HMR and a .410 grouse gitter... :)

EDIT: correction, I forgot I gave my .17HMR to my grandson.

Last edited:
Kidd Innovation Design most definitely has top quality stuff but no sir, I was talking about my family of .22 caliber rifles from the standard .22 rifle up to my .220 Swift. I have two or three, .22LR , .22 Hornet, .223, .22-250, .220 Swift , and then on up to a .243. I love flat shooting, smoking hot fast rifles.
I also have a .17HMR and a .410 grouse gitter... :)
Got a soft spot for the swift myself ❤. I'm kinda looking for a donor to spin one up with an 8 twist tube- should be amazing with heavy hornadys. And what would life be without a 223ai? Havent had a hornet or a 250, but I used to have a 17 fireball, but gave it to a friend for gopher control.

Thanks man. Shes my pride and joy. I know what you mean about cars getting "dumbed down" Even in the US theyve started trying to pass laws to restrict how much you can modify street cars. They are slowly stripping our freedoms one by one. One day I hope to rebuild the engine with forged internals and custom cam. Then I can run max boost on the pro-charger. Should take her up to about 950ish HP but thats a long way off yet. Might even have her ported out to a 426 if its possible to do that at those HP levels but even if not the 392 aint no small engine lol
Now that will be crazy mate total tarmac eater!!! I can only imagine the fun you can have in that beast mate, defo a car I’d love to drive!!!
But I also love little tiny lightweight cars, they suit the roads here better- I’ve got a brand new Abarth 595 on order, can’t wait to get that thing lol

Got a soft spot for the swift myself ❤. I'm kinda looking for a donor to spin one up with an 8 twist tube- should be amazing with heavy hornadys. And what would life be without a 223ai? Havent had a hornet or a 250, but I used to have a 17 fireball, but gave it to a friend for gopher control.
Absolutely, I have always wanted a .223AI
The Hornet is a fun little gun to shoot and the wife loves it. I do want to do trigger job on it however. She don't think it needs it but she hasn't shot nowhere near as much as I have and it feels like I'm trying to bend a tree over.

Last edited:
I have only air rifle experience apart from clay pigeon shooting with a shotgun, our gun laws are a lot more restrictive here in the UK so sporting with a bullet gun is very expensive!!
Would love to have one, I may end up going for a shotgun as the wife enjoyed clay pigeon shooting too so that could be a possibility in the near future!

Abarth 595
never heard of those little guys. I bet that thing scoots through the twisties though no bigger than it is with 145HP! I know what you mean about corner hugging cars though. Originally I wanted to get a corvette for that very reason. Well that and my dad always had Vettes when I was growing up but when it came time for me to finally be able to afford one I found I had a lot of trouble getting in and out of it cuz it was so low to the ground. I've always had a thing for Mopars too though so the decision to switch my dream car from a Vette to a Challenger wasn't hard. I do miss being able to fly through corners but in a drag race the Challenger will pull your hair straight back lol.

I have only air rifle experience apart from clay pigeon shooting with a shotgun, our gun laws are a lot more restrictive here in the UK so sporting with a bullet gun is very expensive!!
Would love to have one, I may end up going for a shotgun as the wife enjoyed clay pigeon shooting too so that could be a possibility in the near future!
I love shooting clays but havent really done it in years. One of these days I should invest in an over under and start shooting again.

I never was much of a bird hunter except for Grouse, so didn't own other shotguns except for my little .410 It's perfect for carrying on my ATV while we are Grouse hunting.

never heard of those little guys. I bet that thing scoots through the twisties though no bigger than it is with 145HP! I know what you mean about corner hugging cars though. Originally I wanted to get a corvette for that very reason. Well that and my dad always had Vettes when I was growing up but when it came time for me to finally be able to afford one I found I had a lot of trouble getting in and out of it cuz it was so low to the ground. I've always had a thing for Mopars too though so the decision to switch my dream car from a Vette to a Challenger wasn't hard. I do miss being able to fly through corners but in a drag race the Challenger will pull your hair straight back lol.

I love shooting clays but havent really done it in years. One of these days I should invest in an over under and start shooting again.
Yeah they are small, I will be fitting a tuning box to take it up to around 180bhp though lol 😆 definitely not a drag racer like your beast but I’ll certainly enjoy it still! It’s a very European thing, hot hatches we call em, there are certain ones that are really crazy, and tuned ones that are bordering on insanity too- 400-600 bhp in a shell that weighs well under a tonne! The best thing I’ve heard that describes them is that they’re like being in a cannon ball fired out of a baked bean tin 😂👍
And yeah shooting clays was definitely fun, just got to see how much it is to get my gun licence etc first though!

I like the s
Yeah they are small, I will be fitting a tuning box to take it up to around 180bhp though lol 😆 definitely not a drag racer like your beast but I’ll certainly enjoy it still! It’s a very European thing, hot hatches we call em, there are certain ones that are really crazy, and tuned ones that are bordering on insanity too- 400-600 bhp in a shell that weighs well under a tonne! The best thing I’ve heard that describes them is that they’re like being in a cannon ball fired out of a baked bean tin 😂👍
And yeah shooting clays was definitely fun, just got to see how much it is to get my gun licence etc first though!
I wouldnt mind the s2000 style abarth but I wouldnt fit too good. That and they can fit in a 2500 engine bay.

In the last 5 years, lots of fiats, abarths and even alfa romeo suvs found their way to Fl USA.

I like the s
I wouldnt mind the s2000 style abarth but I wouldnt fit too good. That and they can fit in a 2500 engine bay.

In the last 5 years, lots of fiats, abarths and even alfa romeo suvs found their way to Fl USA.
I love the abarths and definitely have a special place for some Alfa’s, they do really good looking motors but they aren’t very reliable as a rule!!!

Yeah they are small, I will be fitting a tuning box to take it up to around 180bhp though lol 😆 definitely not a drag racer like your beast but I’ll certainly enjoy it still! It’s a very European thing, hot hatches we call em, there are certain ones that are really crazy, and tuned ones that are bordering on insanity too- 400-600 bhp in a shell that weighs well under a tonne!
Its all about how it hugs the turns. I can get in to either style of driving. I love trying to hit the apex of corners properly :)
The best thing I’ve heard that describes them is that they’re like being in a cannon ball fired out of a baked bean tin 😂👍
Thats too funny!

Its all about how it hugs the turns. I can get in to either style of driving. I love trying to hit the apex of corners properly :)

Thats too funny!
Love being in the corners personally bud, flat out speed is fun, but for me it’s feeling the sideways g and getting on the brakes late, opposite lock and left foot/heel and toe braking 🤘🤪

I have only experienced travelling to the Arctic. That was really unforgettable, true. I booked a trip via this firm https://poseidonexpeditions.com/arctic/ Highly recommend if you are a fan of exotic destinations with top-notch service :)
I used to love travelling but now due to well known circumstances I switched to computer gaming. At the moment I am trying to pass Cyberpunk 2077. Great game especially after the latest patch.

Last edited:
I used to love travelling but now due to well known circumstances I switched to computer gaming. At the moment I am trying to pass Cyberpunk 2077. Great game especially after the latest patch.
I've been playing the crap out of it. I've gone through 4 of the 5 endings now. In fact I've started the playthrough for the 5th ending now. One of the best games I've played in quite some time.

Back