WELL can't DECIDE SO WHY NOT JUST GET TWO LOL!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be one heckuva car. My next build I think will either be the Axial Ryft kit or the Tekno MT410. The Ryft is far less expensive, but I already have some stuff bought for each, trying to spread it out a bit. I can never just drop $1500 all at once on an RC.
The MT410 kit is like $500ish, What do you have planned that would turn it in to a $1500 build? Just curious

The MT410 kit is like $500ish, What do you have planned that would turn it in to a $1500 build? Just curious
Oh, I was just using a figure there as an example in general. It's actually...
Screenshot_20210721-120828_Chrome.jpg

Oh, and add $55 to that for a 2nd set of tires. I only have 2 tires total in that cart. So $1200.

Well, Thats one heck of a build there! Love Tekin electronics. Prolly one of my all time favorite brands of escs and motors. Will the MY410 take an 1/8 scale motor? I believe it is a 1/10 scale truck is it not?

Well, Thats one heck of a build there! Love Tekin electronics. Prolly one of my all time favorite brands of escs and motors. Will the MY410 take an 1/8 scale motor? I believe it is a 1/10 scale truck is it not?
It is called a 1/10, but is actually 1/8 everything. Even that body I have picked out is labled 1/10, but actually has a 1/8 wheelbase at 333mm. No idea what these people are thinking. It's like building a Ferrari and calling it a Honda.

The Ryft is similar. It takes a 1/8 motor.

It is called a 1/10, but is actually 1/8 everything. Even that body I have picked out is labled 1/10, but actually has a 1/8 wheelbase at 333mm. No idea what these people are thinking. It's like building a Ferrari and calling it a Honda.

The Ryft is similar. It takes a 1/8 motor.
Traxxas does that a lot too. They call the MAXX and REVO etc 1/10 but theyre really 1/8

Alright, Man! Welcome to the club!

+1
I to get my money's worth, so I tend to use stock stuff until they fail. My stock servo, on the TRX4, is still running and works just fine.
Yeah I'm all for it. I havent had any problems with the X either. Like everyone else has. Or said that the X is crap. Ok I will just find a nice body for it. And the bearings I got the traxxas 2s 2200mah batteries and the nimh 6cells from traxxas that came with the merv. And thing that you guys could think of that's a pain in the a**. And would be better to deal with now while building??
You have graduated to ADDICT ..

View attachment 129920
I'm way past a addict. I might have some serious RC issues. I'm up to 8 rite now will be at 10 after the crawler. At that point why stop. One more 1/5 kra8. Then maybe a boat because I really would like a boat retrieval has me hung up on it 🤔

Last edited:
I'm way past a addict. I might have some serious RC issues. I'm up to 8 rite now will be at 10 after the crawler. At that point why stop. One more 1/5 kra8. Then maybe a boat because I really would like a boat retrieval has me hung up on it 🤔
Dude, Horizon has ya covered. Ya just need to buy a boat and a tug!
Screenshot_20210721-170113_Chrome.jpg

Better actually buy 2 tugs, in case the 1st one breaks down.

Dude, Horizon has ya covered. Ya just need to buy a boat and a tug!
View attachment 129930

Better actually buy 2 tugs, in case the 1st one breaks down.
Yeah I've seen that tug. The only thing is my boat won't be sitting up rite. Like that pretty "MISS GEICO" Plus I really want the BLACKJACK 24" PRO BOAT LOL. That's 4and change. Plus another 450 for tug at that point 1000$. I'm getting the Kra8 LOL Go big or go home LOL.
Gratz bro! Enjoy the new kit! Definitely get a better servo. RTR servos almost always suck. and definitely get a K8 when you get the cheddar. You will not be disappointed but 2 hop ups you want right off the rip are going to be beefed up chassis plate and rear tie rods. :)

Everyone getting trail trucks its hard to not be tempted but my RC budget is maxed out right now and I've got several builds/rebuilds to do already. Plus I think my next build is gonna be a no prep drag car. Its fairly popular around here
Oh man. I definitely will be getting the Krs8. No? And the braces thats 100%.. The crawler trucks are more for my daughter. She is actually the one that picked out a 24. And wanted it At the LHS. And got me thinking few months back. Maybe she will like them more then running the merv or maxx. While I run her over with the X. And leave her behind in dusty dirt At the park. We will be on same page/speed till I throw a bigger motor in the TRX-4 hahahaha if I can

Last edited:
That would be one heckuva car. My next build I think will either be the Axial Ryft kit or the Tekno MT410. The Ryft is far less expensive, but I already have some stuff bought for each, trying to spread it out a bit. I can never just drop $1500 all at once on an RC.
About that 1500$ up front all at once. I 100% agree. It took a long time and research about the X8s before I got it. I didn't like the 1300$$ traxxas RTR with their battery/charger combo. So the truck alone is 899$. A little better then 1300$. I really didn't want or need their crap ID batteries or their crap style charger. Don't get me wrong it's probably great for a newb. Plug in push button and your charging. But its not hard to punch in parameters of a lipo. Plus I have the venom quad charger already. Just needed batteries. So all together it was about 1000$ out the door and throwing some dirt. But I can't imagine how much $$$ I've spent collectively over the yrs thousands for sure

About that 1500$ up front all at once. I 100% agree. It took a long time and research about the X8s before I got it. I didn't like the 1300$$ traxxas RTR with their battery/charger combo. So the truck alone is 899$. A little better then 1300$. I really didn't want or need their crap ID batteries or their crap style charger. Don't get me wrong it's probably great for a newb. Plug in push button and your charging. But its not hard to punch in parameters of a lipo. Plus I have the venom quad charger already. Just needed batteries. So all together it was about 1000$ out the door and throwing some dirt. But I can't imagine how much $$$ I've spent collectively over the yrs thousands for sure
I like Tower's Easy Pay program, where it breaks the payments up over 2 or 3 months. I use that every one in awhile when I need to stretch my RC budget a little thin. I wish they sold Traxxas because I am kinda wanting a TRX4 now 🤪

I like Tower's Easy Pay program, where it breaks the payments up over 2 or 3 months. I use that every one in awhile when I need to stretch my RC budget a little thin. I wish they sold Traxxas because I am kinda wanting a TRX4 now 🤪
Oh yeah thats a good program. Alot of the on line stores got that credit program. I've used it also. I also like my cash back CC. It's like they are paying me to by more RC stuff😁🤣😉. LOL I'm running down to my LHS (HT). In a little while to see whats up. It says they have it in stock. We will see. But also found out that the new RTR TRX-4 chassis kit. Has a 12.3" 312mm wheelbase. And not the 12.8"/ 324mm wheelbase. Like the first defender was or is. So there's alot more body choices. For it these days.

I typically use PayPal credit and have a full 6mo of equal, no interest, payments.
Amazon credit also have the breakdown no interest option as well. I use this as well. These options just makes the decision too easy, too often!

I typically use PayPal credit and have a full 6mo of equal, no interest, payments.
Amazon credit also have the breakdown no interest option as well. I use this as well. These options just makes the decision too easy, too often!
100% agree makes it way too easy! I can break down payments with no interest on my CC. If it's over 99$$ and pick 6 , 12 ,18, months and get 1.5% cash back. It's really bad I have one card I use only for RC vehicles and parts.
I never got a PayPal account. Or Amazon. I really probably should look into those. Or the ebay one as well. But they are just another CC rite? Or is it a just accepted at those particular places?

100% agree makes it way too easy! I can break down payments with no interest on my CC. If it's over 99$$ and pick 6 , 12 ,18, months and get 1.5% cash back. It's really bad I have one card I use only for RC vehicles and parts.

I never got a PayPal account. Or Amazon. I really probably should look into those. Or the ebay one as well. But they are just another CC rite? Or is it a just accepted at those particular places?
If you're regular credit card already give you those great payment options, with no interests, I don't think you need an Amazon or PayPal card. It'll just get you into more trouble 😉

Last edited:
So @StonerRC365 - are you still getting the regulsr TRX-4 kit with all the electronics first? I gotta stop reading you guys' crawler threads, because my well laid plans keep getting derailed. I kinda want the Sport kit now. I might be able to swing the Sport kit and the MT410 this month. Have to wait and see. I know my kid will say "get the monster truck" lol. But it may be dad's turn.

So @StonerRC365 - are you still getting the regulsr TRX-4 kit with all the electronics first? I gotta stop reading you guys' crawler threads, because my well laid plans keep getting derailed. I kinda want the Sport kit now. I might be able to swing the Sport kit and the MT410 this month. Have to wait and see. I know my kid will say "get the monster truck" lol. But it may be dad's turn.
So been researching the 4 and the sport builds. So the sport has no electrics just chassis and unpainted body. The TRX-4 chassis kit is the complete truck chassis with motor/electronics. Just need a body. And the new kit wheelbase is 312. But can be changed to the 324. With a Kit. Also has the 2 speed trans and diff lockers. The sport doesn't have the 2 speed tranns and the diffs are always locked and can only crawl. Both have portal axles. For clearance. So I think I'm going with the trx-4 chassis kit first. Since it has everything needed besides body. I got batteries. And I like the 2 speed tranns. And the diff lockers. So I can go a little faster when I want too. And not just crawl. And able to adjust the wheelbase as well. So I will be getting the TRX-4 chassis build kit. Plus if I out better esc and motor then can go even faster. LOL

Looking forward to seeing it all come together. :thumbs-up:
You and me both bud. I love to build these RCs. I've built all of mine from the cut/parts lists. Except the Tmaxx 2.5 back in 2000/2001 and the Xmaxx 8s about 6months ago Those are the only ones I bought as a RTR. So this will be fun for me. Especially with haven to build the portal axles and trans very excited about it. Going to get the 78 chevy blazer body for show as homage to my dad. He had the 78 chevy K5 blazer when I was a kid. Until I was about ten. So it's going to be fun for me. And can't wait till I get to show my dad he loves when I build new ones this will be a surprise.

I use paypal credit also but its only accepted places online that take paypal. Thats a lot of places though.

Back