WELL can't DECIDE SO WHY NOT JUST GET TWO LOL!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STONER RC

BUILD it, SEND it, BASH it, FIX it, REPEAT
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
  6. Boating
So after much talks and searches. And reading of reviews. And videos of the lovely and exciting world of RC crawlers. I've made the decision to get the TRX-4 kit to start since it's a build kit RTR. But I love the fact I get to build it. Awesome!!! After that's together or before it will be the sport. Like Xraycer said get 1 or 2 or 3. So the only other ? Would be what up grades should I order with the kit beside a turning servo which might be the Savox. A Body don't want the defender maybe the Chevy blazer since my dad had the red/white 78 blazer when I was a kid oh and of course lights lol😁😁😁. Or just build it and run stock for now and wait.man this is exciting 😁😁😁😁like a kid in a sugery candy store.
Screenshot_20210720-232344_Google.jpg

@StonerRC365 Try it out and decide what you want to upgrade. The beauty of it is, there is no rush, upgrade as you go, or just when you feel like you need a new project. There is never a shortage of cool things to try, or do "just because". ;)

@StonerRC365 Try it out and decide what you want to upgrade. The beauty of it is, there is no rush, upgrade as you go, or just when you feel like you need a new project. There is never a shortage of cool things to try or do just because. ;)
I agree but all reviews say the turning servo sucks. So thats a must lol. Lights a must lol. Love that its a kit. And I get/have to build it just like the old day when I was a kid and all RC came as a kit. Also thinking longer shocks as the stick one don't allow for much axle travel. But all in due time but figured I might as well upgrade some parts as I build it. Would be easier that way. I think

Congrats. The trx4 is on my list, behind atleast one truck.
Thanks will look up upgrade parts and bodies tomorrow. Then finalize it all by eeeks end and order it. I want a kra8 also but figured just bought the X8s a couple months ago. The wife would kill me if a dropped another grand on one rite away. Maybe get a good bday present from the wife this yr LOL

@StonerRC365 Try it out and decide what you want to upgrade. The beauty of it is, there is no rush, upgrade as you go, or just when you feel like you need a new project. There is never a shortage of cool things to try, or do "just because". ;)
Agreed 100%!

I have been guilty of buying a kit and upgrade parts to put on during the initial build. It always sucks. I will do the sealed bearings and things like that where a lot of tear down would be required to install the upgrade. But I think it is a lot better to build a kit stock, just to get a feel for the vehicle, then upgrade one thing at a time.

Agreed 100%!

I have been guilty of buying a kit and upgrade parts to put on during the initial build. It always sucks. I will do the sealed bearings and things like that where a lot of tear down would be required to install the upgrade. But I think it is a lot better to build a kit stock, just to get a feel for the vehicle, then upgrade one thing at a time.
Agreed 100% bearings are a must and would be the best way to install while building. Alot less break down and cleaning. Good idea thanks added to the parts list well the 2-400 is out the window guess I got to pick up some over time to off set the cost 😀😉👍

Agreed 100% bearings are a must and would be the best way to install while building. Alot less break down and cleaning. Good idea thanks added to the parts list well the 2-400 is out the window guess I got to pick up some over time to off set the cost 😀😉👍
Wait a minute. These kits come with tx, rx, and electrics? I was wondering why they were so pricey. But that Sport looks SWEEEET!

Damn! I havent had the joy of dropping 1k on one yet. Everytime I plan, life says no. 🤣

Kra8. Arrma?

If your truck rolls alot, brass lower parts. It adds weight lower to stabilize it.

Damn! I havent had the joy of dropping 1k on one yet. Everytime I plan, life says no. 🤣

Kra8. Arrma?

If your truck rolls alot, brass lower parts. It adds weight lower to stabilize it.
Yea the arrma kraton 8s. Bad as* truggy fast as balls. Love my X8s but that's a true MT. Built for bashing not speed
Wait a minute. These kits come with tx, rx, and electrics? I was wondering why they were so pricey. But that Sport looks SWEEEET!
The sport will be the next one I get after I build the TRX-4 first. That one comes loaded RTR kit. The sport I will need electronics and motor for. So figured get this complete kit first. Get the feel for going slow and then get another. I can never have just one of something. Hate waiting for parts so if something breaks I can pull out another one while waiting for the part on the other one. LOL

Last edited:
Arrma needs to take note of what Axial and Traxxas are doing. More kits please! I really don't like RTR stuff. Building every part of a vehicle is the best way to get to know your RC. I need to get a TRX4 Sport meow. Thanks a lot man!

Congrats on the new truck(s)!!! The trail truck/rock crawler club is getting big! :D
Now they/we got to set up a trail/Rock mud crawler event. Or a good old weekend mud bog. That we all can go meet up crawl, bash, race, fly, and sh*t boat if there's a lake or big Ole puddle/pool. That would be a fu*king AWESOME weekend.

Now they/we got to set up a trail/Rock mud crawler event. Or a good old weekend mud bog. That we all can go meet up crawl, bash, race, fly, and sh*t boat if there's a lake or big Ole puddle/pool. That would be a fu*king AWESOME weekend.
Axialfest happens just 60 miles north of me. But I can't even make it to that. Can't do car rides 😐

Gratz bro! Enjoy the new kit! Definitely get a better servo. RTR servos almost always suck. and definitely get a K8 when you get the cheddar. You will not be disappointed but 2 hop ups you want right off the rip are going to be beefed up chassis plate and rear tie rods. :)

Everyone getting trail trucks its hard to not be tempted but my RC budget is maxed out right now and I've got several builds/rebuilds to do already. Plus I think my next build is gonna be a no prep drag car. Its fairly popular around here.

Gratz bro! Enjoy the new kit! Definitely get a better servo. RTR servos almost always suck. and definitely get a K8 when you get the cheddar. You will not be disappointed but 2 hop ups you want right off the rip are going to be beefed up chassis plate and rear tie rods. :)

Everyone getting trail trucks its hard to not be tempted but my RC budget is maxed out right now and I've got several builds/rebuilds to do already. Plus I think my next build is gonna be a no prep drag car. Its fairly popular around here.
I am really wanting to grab one of the RJ Speed kits and build a Pro-Street car. Looks like a lot of fun if you can get it to drive straight as an arrow. But in every vid I have seen, the cars veer back and forth through 4 lanes worth of track width. It's like nobody knows how to set one up, or use the EXP adjustment in the controllers. To be fair though, in the drag vids I have watched, none of them have been main-stream RC guys that I am familiar with being knowledgeable.

And yeah, you need to give in to the peer pressure and get a crawler 😁

I am really wanting to grab one of the RJ Speed kits and build a Pro-Street car. Looks like a lot of fun if you can get it to drive straight as an arrow. But in every vid I have seen, the cars veer back and forth through 4 lanes worth of track width. It's like nobody knows how to set one up, or use the EXP adjustment in the controllers. To be fair though, in the drag vids I have watched, none of them have been main-stream RC guys that I am familiar with being knowledgeable.

And yeah, you need to give in to the peer pressure and get a crawler 😁
I probably will eventually, its just not in the cards this year. maybe next summer. I wanna build a drag kit and race for money with the locals! Even that builds gonna have to wait till winter though cuz I'm already way over budget from trying to get back in to the RC scene. After being out of it for 5 years I didnt think I was coming back so I sold a lot of my stuff and trying to buy it all back is freaking expensive. I've got a ton of stuff to keep me busy though so its all good.

I wanna build a Five Seven Arrow drag kit or do the Losi 22 exotek chassis conversion. Both look like great platforms. I'm also looking in to the MacLan DRK ESC as its supposed to have special stages for launching the car smoother although I dont see why you can't effectivcely do the same thing with any high end esc that you can program a custom throttle curve on. Theres a lot of buzz around those DRK ESCs though. Also probably going to run a Tekin Eliminator 4.5T motor.

Last edited:
I probably will eventually, its just not in the cards this year. maybe next summer. I wanna build a drag kit and race for money with the locals! Even that builds gonna have to wait till winter though cuz I'm already way over budget from trying to get back in to the RC scene. After being out of it for 5 years I didnt think I was coming back so I sold a lot of my stuff and trying to buy it all back is freaking expensive. I've got a ton of stuff to keep me busy though so its all good.

I wanna build a Five Seven Arrow drag kit or do the Losi 22 exotek chassis conversion. Both look like great platforms. I'm also looking in to the MacLan DRK ESC as its supposed to have special stages for launching the car smoother although I dont see why you can't effectivcely do the same thing with any high end esc that you can control the throttle curve on. Theres a lot of buzz around those DRK ESCs though. Also probably going to run a Tekin Eliminator 4.5T motor.
That would be one heckuva car. My next build I think will either be the Axial Ryft kit or the Tekno MT410. The Ryft is far less expensive, but I already have some stuff bought for each, trying to spread it out a bit. I can never just drop $1500 all at once on an RC.

So after much talks and searches. And reading of reviews. And videos of the lovely and exciting world of RC crawlers. I've made the decision to get the TRX-4 kit to start since it's a build kit RTR. But I love the fact I get to build it. Awesome!!! After that's together or before it will be the sport. Like Xraycer said get 1 or 2 or 3. So the only other ? Would be what up grades should I order with the kit beside a turning servo which might be the Savox. A Body don't want the defender maybe the Chevy blazer since my dad had the red/white 78 blazer when I was a kid oh and of course lights lol😁😁😁. Or just build it and run stock for now and wait.man this is exciting 😁😁😁😁like a kid in a sugery candy store.View attachment 129891
Alright, Man! Welcome to the club!
+1
I to get my money's worth, so I tend to use stock stuff until they fail. My stock servo, on the TRX4, is still running and works just fine.

Back