wasp .28 won't idle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mrwill said:
no I haven't done any better. I think I will shoot a video of me shooting it with my 30-06 or my .45 or my .243. I wish there was a team orion place around here so I could throw it through their window (discount tire comercial) the compression is great on my engine, but it is a boat anchor.
misery loves company!

See, I have the same issue! The compression is excellent, but a flippin' Yugo with a cylinder laying down runs better than this POS! I just don't get it? You wouldn't happen to be a Leo, would you? Maybe we were just born under a bad sign?

nope not a leo but we were both born under the same sign, SCREWED!!
160.00 for new motor
50.00 for turbo glowplugs
70.00 for owb's
blowing the damn thing away priceless!!

Alright, Mr.Will. Tell me you had better luck than me with your Wasp! Man, I sure hope so!

installed new lsn, started, ran for 2 tanks no problems, sold it. told the new owner about all my problems he said he could fix it, talked about the sprayer bar and the med speed needle... ok, it's yours!
so MW in answer to your question I packed up shop and ran like a scared little girl!

Well, I haven't sold mine.....yet, but it's sitting on the shelf in time out! Dropped a new HPI 4.1 in my Savage (thanks Bruce) and life has been much, much better!

I am glad for you I may have to pay bruce a call, personal like... I work about 5 min from his place

i had bought a wasp 28 engine about 4 week (maybe a little earlier).........went through the break in fine & tuning..........runing temp is around 245 to 250 max.........it starts great on the first start of the day.........when i refuel it & try to start it again it just wont start but i can let it sit for an hour (sometimes 2hrs) and it starts right up ? i put in a new turbo plug and still get the same results.......what do i do to correct this agervation ? more tuning ? lean or richen the high or low or both ?........idle is good & no air leaks...........running the 7 plug..........

I've had two of those engines, and didn't have good luck out of either one. I think the metal carb is the biggest problem. I've been trying to find out if they make a composite carb that would fit that mill.

bustedgears said:
I've had two of those engines, and didn't have good luck out of either one. I think the metal carb is the biggest problem. I've been trying to find out if they make a composite carb that would fit that mill.

SuperFly, where were you two months ago? Could've done away with a lot of frustration knowing that? You holding back on us?

I've had a better time tuning my metal carb engines... Trx 2.5, composite, sucks. Omega 21 Comp, composite, sucked.

Wasp 18 - aluminum
OS 15 cv-r - aluminum
OS 18 cv-r - aluminum
OS 18TM - aluminum
mach 15 - aluminum
OS 21 Rg - aluminum

All of the aluminum ones held a tune and didn't get that gritty feeling after a gallon or so. The only time I had issues is when I ran it too hard and too hot for too long. If I keep the temps around 220-250, it's always been fine.