wasp .28 won't idle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that needle thing was for the Wasp .26? I've had two .28s and never got an extra needle.

nope, no extras for me, must be the problem, couldn't be my dumb*** self lol

MrWill, made any progress on your tuning issues? I think I made some progress today, so thought I'd share with you. Hopefully they might help you.

I went and bought new glow plugs for it and went for the OS P7 plugs. These are listed as medium. The ones had been running, I believe, were more on the cold end.

I also decided to try running O'Donnells 30% through it as well (I figured there was no way it could run any worse!)

After a good couple hours running and tuning, running and tuning I believe I finally got her just about dialed in. I'm sitting about 3 2/3 turns out on the HSN, just over 4 turns out on the LSN. As I finished up my day, I was getting good, steady idle (although, it would load up fast, but I think that is simply an attribute of this mill), good smoke at WOT, temps were in the 230-235 range and I honestly was pulling wheelies through all three gears on the Savage, to the point it became annoying.

I also think that I really need to run more tanks through it to get it to loosen up. I think part of my problem with it hydrolocking so easily is that the mill sits for upwards of two weeks between runs. Since it is still relatively new, I think it needs loosened up a bit more.

Hope you're making progress on your end!

yes I am making progress, kind of, just lost the throttle servo, just stops working... so now I have to get a new one, but it is idleing but having trouble going from a stop to moving, just dies. also I think the lsn might be a problem, I can screw it in so far that it opens up the carb slide(going straight through) all the way. but once it goes to wot got nice blue smoke trail and zoom.

Yeah I think you guys are definitely talking about the wasp/picco/werks 26

My old picco had two needles, The black and the shiny silver. I believe the black was blunt tip...

But as far as the problem at hand... Have you checked the Orings on your HSN? if you tear that, it will be a problem everytime. It will give you a false rich setting but actually be lean. Also check the LSN for the same thing

oh damn and I just sealed it back up... oh well, good thing I like working on these. thanks jon I will look at that next

All you have to do is totally take out the low and high needles to check the o-rings. You don't have to pull the carb off the engine or anything.

anybody know where to get new o-rings for this pain in my *** small pieces of rubber everywhere, and on the lsn the inner ring looks like it is about 3 sizes too small. the hsn looks ok but why take the chance, olds97 looks like you may have found sumthin'

went to team orion website, not selling to the us. typical

mrwill said:
olds97 looks like you may have found sumthin'

Actually, it was Jon2 that suggested it. I was just letting you know how to get it apart without it being annoying.

I'd have to think other brands may fit it. Do they have a pic or sizes of o-ring on their site? Part #?

Maybe the one from the 28 will fit?

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/seekpart.pl?src=ns&pn=ORN81201

Tower has dimensions on a wasp 26: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFLN7&P=7
Outside diameter: 6mm
Inside diameter: 2mm

I lube my o-rings with associated green slime before installing them to help avoid tears.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSF70&P=7

3 sizes too small

SAME EXACT THING!!!! The HSN O-rings look good, but the inner-most O-ring on the LSN looks like it either shrank or was the wrong size! Just got back from the LHS and no-joy on a replacement, but the part number is 81199 (which is the LSN itself and two O-rings). I cannot locate any spec's on it, to see if I can just find the right size, but I'll keep huntin'!

Jon2, thanks again for pointing out an obvious area where a problem may be originating! This mill was two steps away from being a paper weight or "child corrective device".

Mr. Will, if I find a size or where you can find them, I'll let you know.

EDIT: Found it! https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/seekpart.pl?src=ns&pn=ORN81199 Thanks Olds for the link you posted above! The part number is actually ORN81199.

Last edited:
sorry jon2 my bad, and thanks for the help, wonder whatr the size is, then I can go to my o-ring supplyer and buy a hundred, min order.
child corrective device I like that, I was going to use it for a fetching dummy for my golden. oh, didn't see the bottom post. good work monkey wrench!!

I still can't find what the size is, but I took the outer O-ring off a .12 needle and it fit, so once I fix my pull start, I'm going to give it a shot.

are the carbs off the force engines any good? I have a couple of force 3.5's I think the carb on this is a problem, I can screw the needle in so far that it locks up the slide,anyway got it running on my box nitro pouring out the exhaust ran it up a few times,(about 1 min) check the temp, 183, started it and it reved no control, it died after 30 sec temp 293 blue smoke everywhere, fuel pouring out the exhaust empty tank in less than 2 min
I am thinking, PULL... boom(gun shot)

Last edited:
been looking for 2 days , I fine it incredable that team orion does not support their product. talk about a pos. NOBODY has parts for this paper-weight man...

out of stock!!! now you are just taunting me monkey wrench, next you will be speaking in a silly french accent and taunting me a second time...