wasp .28 won't idle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mrwill said:
out of stock!!! now you are just taunting me monkey wrench, next you will be speaking in a silly french accent and taunting me a second time...

I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father was an eldeberry!

Sorry man, must've ordered the LAST ONE THEY HAD! Bummer! Hopefully the link Olds sent you has them! If not, when I get mine, I'll take a picture for ya!

Man... I can't stand those movies.

The link I posted said they were in stock (Availability: Normally ships 2-3 days...)

I found a few other links that were out of stock as well... didn't want to aggrivate you any more than you already are.

Take a picture... that's rich!

deff. take a pic please, already tried to commit sepiku with the lsn, didn't even work for that...
hey olds! would you rather we quote starwars? lol thanks for the info! ordered this morning.
your arm is off!
no its not,it's nothing but a flesh wound, I am the black night, I'm invinceable!
your a looney lol

Bring us a nice shrubbery! Something with a two-tiered effect!

She's a witch! May we burn her?

"I am Inego montoya, you killed my father. now prepare to die" lol thanks for the tip on the lsn, ordered should be here by the end of the week
Dread Pirate Roberts.

Mr.Will, I received my new needle assembly today and the O-rings on it look exactly like the ones that are currently in the carb! The inner ring looks as if it's too small for it, just about like the old one.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping it helps solve the problems!

let us all pray to what ever deity you prefer, that it works, let me know MW

Didn't have a chance today, took me all day to mow the grass and I had a job interview as well. Planning on trying tomorrow. I'll let ya know!

coolness, I am planning on throwing mine at the dog next door.

Let me know how that works out. There's a PITA cat keeps walking on my lawn and driving my two dogs nuts. I wanna kill that female pee pee!

isn't that what air rifles are for, get a benjamin, no cats/squirrels/birds anywhere in the hood. lol

OK MrWill, put the new needle in, replaced all the fuel lines (both fuel and pressure), cleaned the fuel filter out and went at it today. After YET AGAIN TANKING A OWB WITH THAT POS DURATRAX ROTOSTART and putting a new pullstart on, we were off and running.

I will admit, I was skeptical the new needle and O-ring would solve the problem because it looked just like the old one, but once I did get it fairly dialed in (4 turns out on the HSN, 4 3/4 turns out on the LSN) it ran about the best it has. Temp's were in the 230 range, although I did get a partial half-tank lean as the fuel emptied and the temp. jumped to about 250 (but I expected it).

The Wasp ran much better than it has and I think going with the OS P7 plug also helped.

Hopefully tomorrow I can run it some more and fine tune it, but overall, I must say it behaved much better today than in previous days.

"Mr. Creosote, would you like a wafer thin mint?"

Monkey Wrench said:
OK MrWill, put the new needle in, replaced all the fuel lines (both fuel and pressure), cleaned the fuel filter out and went at it today. After YET AGAIN TANKING A OWB WITH THAT POS DURATRAX ROTOSTART and putting a new pullstart on, we were off and running.

I will admit, I was skeptical the new needle and O-ring would solve the problem because it looked just like the old one, but once I did get it fairly dialed in (4 turns out on the HSN, 4 3/4 turns out on the LSN) it ran about the best it has. Temp's were in the 230 range, although I did get a partial half-tank lean as the fuel emptied and the temp. jumped to about 250 (but I expected it).

The Wasp ran much better than it has and I think going with the OS P7 plug also helped.

Hopefully tomorrow I can run it some more and fine tune it, but overall, I must say it behaved much better today than in previous days.

"Mr. Creosote, would you like a wafer thin mint?"
MW, you should look at the spinstart form Losi and see if there is one that will fit since you like the rotstart.

jon2 said:
MW, you should look at the spinstart form Losi and see if there is one that will fit since you like the rotstart.

I might do that. Only reason I like the rotostart is because I'm tired of slicing my knuckles open with the P/S, but I'm thinking once it really loosens up, the P/S won't be a huge deal. If there was a way to have the P/S pull the other direction (it's on a Savage) I'd be golden!

MrWill (and anyone else that cares) I FLIPPN' GIVE UP!!!!!

After thinking I had this thing figured out, it ran like absolute crap today! Either it idled fine but flamed right out when I gave it throttle or it would gurgle like crap and die. Changed glow plugs, set needles back to factory....the whole smash and I could not, for the life of me, get this thing to run for crap!

The topper was, when I got it to where it wouldn't conk out on me, I take it off the little ramp I have, got MAYBE 8" of air and land square on the read end....SNAP goes the dogbone!

My kids, and the neighborhood for that matter, learned a lot of interesting new words today!

That being said, I am done with this engine! An entire week devoted solely to getting this thing running the right way and all I have to show for it are two blown OWB's, three tanked TURBO glow plugs, bleeding knuckles, two grenaded spur gears and now a snapped dog bone (oh, and a partridge in a pear tree!)

While I'm not proud to say it, I'm not ashamed either.....THE WASP STUNG ME!

I hope your experience has gone better, MrWill, because when I calm down enough to put it on the bench (it's in the corner of the basement in time out right now) that mill is coming out, and when I get a job and get back on my feet, I'm thinking the HPI .28 or the OS .30 will be introduced to Mr. Savage's SAVAGE!

no I haven't done any better. I think I will shoot a video of me shooting it with my 30-06 or my .45 or my .243. I wish there was a team orion place around here so I could throw it through their window (discount tire comercial) the compression is great on my engine, but it is a boat anchor.
misery loves company!