Want to buy first electric rc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Len87

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there, long time nitro rc fan. Recently sold off my nitro stuff and want to purchase an electric brushless 4wd truck. I've been eyeing the arrma notorious 6s 1/8 truck but then came across the Traxxas Erevo 1/8 not sure what's better. Then I just recently found out the arrma Kraton also comes in a 6s 1/8th scale aswell. Not sure what the difference between the Kraton and notorius are other then bodies. Or if I should go traxxas or not.? Any input?

Thanks!

Traxxas has always been a great buy for me. I own 4 different Erevos . 3 in 1/10 scale(more like 1/8 on roids) and a 1/18 scale with a 9000kv 540 brushless (speed runs)..I think ID pick the arrma notorious.. not sure what upgrades you can get for the arrma. I know all my revos have been moded to kept them running

Go with Arrma, I have E revo brushless and arrma Talion both. Don't get me wrong, luv my revo but the Talion is just a better all around vehicle.

I've got the notorius, it madly fast takes a lot of bashing superb truck.

I've got the notorius, it madly fast takes a lot of bashing superb truck.
If you can afford it, go with the ARRMA Mojave 6S RTR Short Course truck. Lots of fun and a rugged beast, even if you don't do bashing. Plenty of "aluminum parts upgrades" and motors, servo's and ESC units are available.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 10.33.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 10.33.19 AM.png
    733.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 10.34.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 10.34.23 AM.png
    346.2 KB · Views: 61