want a new nitro car..suggestions?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroaddict

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
need to replace my streetforce GP. It just seems to have one problem after another, and for the money I have spent on it, I could have bought another car. Please recommend your favorites, I would like to race it in the near future, but am on a budget. I mostly want a kit, so I can use my current 3FM radio. Also, do you think the velocity .15 in my streetforce will fit in any of the kits? trying to keep the cost around 250.00 or less. Please help.

i think your price range is a bit low. I bought a "cheap" gas truck but with a radio it still came to $270 out the door.

novicerob, thanks for the input, but I am not looking for a ready to run. Just a kit, with no engine, or radio. There are alot of choices such as the Rs4, NTC3, ect.... but I really want a 2 speed like my streetforce is.

Originally posted by nitronewbie
It just seems to have one problem after another, and for the money I have spent on it, I could have bought another car.

I think most of us has spent our cars cost many times over on parts, but if it is design problems with the car, yeah, get a new one. Are you looking for a onroad car, stadium truck, buggy, monster truck?

I'm assuming you want an onroad or touring. I would go with an rs4. Really good car for the price, and it comes with the motor. The NTC3 is really good also. Go with either one both come with 2 speeds. The RTR NTC3 comes with a one speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go with either the NTC3 (few models available) - I went with the rear exhaust, bump start, 2 speed and 4wd model. Built it myself. I prefer the kits as well.

Unless of course you want to drop the cash on a Serpent. They make one fine automobile as well in kit form.

I'm not certain on any other kits by other manufacturers. I picked the TC3 because of the massive amounts of aftermarket parts and popularity.

I don't like belt drive cars, especially since almost all my tc running is done in parking lots and streets. One small rock and your belts are toast. I personally prefer a shaft drive.

I like those NTC3's :) I also really liked the idea of the RC10GT factory team street modifications. For a single speed, that was some sweet stuff. That's about 500 bucks after the modifications. I also do like the newer traxxas 4tec, but I'm not sure about it. I'd prefer the NTc3 myself :)

narrowed my choices between Rs4 SS & NTC3

I am leaning towards the ss, however, does anyone know if my .15 velocity engine out of the streetforce GP will fit in an NTC3? I know that the SS has both a powerful engine included, plus 2 speed tranny. doesn't the NTC3 have only 1 speed, and no engine, and about the same price?

Is the HPI Rs4 SS competitive in the racing scene?

BTW - here is a pic of my current GP with a Lotus Shell, and Lights

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 117
kitntc3-top_small.jpg

Team Associated?s shaft-drive RC10TC3 changed the face of electric touring car racing forever. Now the Team is proud to introduce the Nitro TC3,a new state-of-the-art 4WD nitro-powered touring car designed to raise the standards of nitro sedan performance.

The Nitro TC3 started with the basic proven drive train of the TC3, modified and strengthened to handle the power of today?s nitro engines. A solid aluminum "floating" driveshaft connects the front and rear gearboxes. An all-new pivot-ball suspension was designed to offer the the full range of adjustments; caster, camber, and toe-in, yet be very user-friendly and easy to build using our supplied "setup gauge."

Of course, everybody wants a two-speed in their nitro sedan, so we created a new two-shoe (clutch-type) externally adjustable two speed that solved the common problems of reliability and "floating" shift points found on "finger" type two-speeds. Optional gears offer a wide range of usable ratios for tuning to any size race track. We also used Kimbrough spur gears in all kits.

The Nitro TC3?s brakes also represent a giant leap forward. We looked to the full-size race car teams for a brake pad material that would provide consistent, fade-free braking, and a floating carbon-steel rotor for durability.

The Nitro TC3 is the only nitro touring car that accommodates either pull-start, side exhaust, or rear-exhaust engines, both slide-valve or rotary carburetors, and your choice of flat-pack, hump-pack or dry-cell receiver battery configurations. So no matter what your power preferences are, the Nitro TC3 can handle them.

After all, nobody knows touring cars... or NITRO... like the Team!

PT NO. 2030 (pull start/side exaust) PT NO. 2031(bumpstart/rear exaust)

that should clear things up and if you want more just PM Christian he has one...

leaning towards the NTC3

so far I am being persuaded towards the AE. Will my velocity engine fit? I know it isnt that powerful, but I would like to use it at first.

Also, would the new HPI SS be competitive in racing?

It seems to me that the NTC3 kit is more like a Porsche, and the HPI is more like a lowered Honda civic with a weedwacker exhaust.

more and more I read - the NTC3 seems to be the better car - but is pushing my boundries of cost unless my .15 I have now will fit.

I would PM christian he has a NTC3 so I would PM him

I see no reason why you cannot drop you .15 onto the NTC3. Just email associated with the model # and they will tell you for certain.

I run the Mugen MT .12 Bighead in mine. SCREAMER!

hey chris what is with the banana pipe on the NTC3???????:cheers:

Originally posted by Maxxcrazy88
hey chris what is with the banana pipe on the NTC3???????:cheers:

Looks more like an eggplant to me. That is one of the ugliest pipes I have ever seen. That darn paris "ribbed for her pleasure" pipe is pretty ugly too, but it works really well. That is what I run.

Its the new AE Double Chamber Pipe. I have the car stripped down a little right now as well. Putting in the rest of the Hardcore Hopups.....

Serpent Impulse

Hey - went to my LHS to get the ask about the .15 fitting and they said absolutely! But........ He had is own personal car there, and is selling it.

a 6 month old Serpent Impulse. Has a Nova Rossi .12 5port in it, and a Novamega Pipe. Also has a 5cell batt pack, and 2 airtronics digital servos. Looks brand new. Says he will sell it for 300 + my streetforce GP. what does everyone think? is this too good a deal to pass up? Is it too much car for me to use in parking lots......? I dont wanna get in over my head

Back