I want to convert my old pro pulse transmitters to 2.4 ghz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward12

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I need help I have a few old pro pulse cars that I love to drive and have tons of parts for but I’m tired of the crystals and want to keep the original transmitters please if anyone knows of a kit that I can solder into my transmitters to convert them to 2.4 GHz that would be a dream come true
A133E700-2D2F-459A-B2AC-80EA8BF2CFF3.jpeg
5460FECE-E847-42F4-8966-F006AE83F406.jpeg
A133E700-2D2F-459A-B2AC-80EA8BF2CFF3.jpeg

They price in the GT3B has even dropped to $35. Now's the time to grab one.
HOBBYAMTE Flysky FS-GT3B Rc Transmitter Receiver 2.4Ghz 3 Channel, with FS-GR3E Failsafe Receiver https://a.co/d/fBkI9u9

Just make sure you grab some extra receivers for all your cars. Here, four of them are about $7.50 each. Buying them one at a time - they cost around $10 each.
Flysky 4 Pcs FS-GR3E Receiver 3CH 2.4Ghz Receiver for FS-GT2 FS-GT2B FS-GT3B FS-GT3C FZ-IT4S RC Car Boat Transmitter https://a.co/d/4rYfOyt

The GT3B can be used for up to 10 vehicles. It comes with one receiver.

Last edited:
Buy a new radio/receiver combo.no way to convert that radio in that pro pulse to 2.4 ghz. gotta love radio shack products.

Hey guys I need help I have a few old pro pulse cars that I love to drive and have tons of parts for but I’m tired of the crystals and want to keep the original transmitters please if anyone knows of a kit that I can solder into my transmitters to convert them to 2.4 GHz that would be a dream come true View attachment 174746View attachment 174747View attachment 174746
Like they both said above. There isn't any type of kit to convert your controller. Better to just pick up a flysky. Or a radiolink control. With a new reciver for around 50-60$. And you'll be set for a while

Like they both said above. There isn't any type of kit to convert your controller. Better to just pick up a flysky. Or a radiolink control. With a new reciver for around 50-60$. And you'll be set for a while
👆 Hey! Who's this guy?! Long time no see :)

Thank you guys I didn’t expect so many people to respond I will definitely be trying that radio and receiver out

I'm thinking of taking on a similar project of stuffing a 2.4GHz radio into my 90's Traxxas transmitter. I've done similar projects before, just not on anything RC. (e.g. stuffing the guts from a modern wireless video game controller into the shell of a vintage wired controller --a smaller one at that). I think it could probably be done, possibly while retaining the original wheel & trigger. It would absolutely require dremmelling, gluing, cutting, soldering and on-the-spot problem solving.

For $35, I'm tempted to give it a shot. If I do, I'll make a thread about it.

Back