Upgrading the Brushless system in the Mad Beast

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoyS

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was thinking about upgrading the Mad Beast stock brushless system, any recommendations?

IMG_20210114_194855.jpg
IMG_20210114_195301.jpg

Castle Mamba...? How much are you willing to spend?
Well I've looked at
Castle Mamba...? How much are you willing to spend?
Well I've thought about the Mamba Max for about half a year now but I've also recently found out the Hobbywing EZRun Max-8 system. Looking at other 1/8 scale MT that are running the Max-8 combo, it's a lot of the Castle bang without the Castle sticker price. I've got a Sidewinder3 esc & BL motor combo in my 2wd Ruckus and I honestly feel like I overpaid just for the Castle badge.
Any thoughts on the Hobbywing BL systems? Never purchased any of their electronics or motors so not sure how the quality compares but I haven't read any reviews bashing their products either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210130_082316.jpg
    Screenshot_20210130_082316.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 36
Well I've looked at

Well I've thought about the Mamba Max for about half a year now but I've also recently found out the Hobbywing EZRun Max-8 system. Looking at other 1/8 scale MT that are running the Max-8 combo, it's a lot of the Castle bang without the Castle sticker price. I've got a Sidewinder3 esc & BL motor combo in my 2wd Ruckus and I honestly feel like I overpaid just for the Castle badge.
Any thoughts on the Hobbywing BL systems? Never purchased any of their electronics or motors so not sure how the quality compares but I haven't read any reviews bashing their products either.
Thread 'Arrma BIGROCK 4x4 3s giveaway!' https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/arrma-bigrock-4x4-3s-giveaway.129420/