Upgraded charger......

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Brown dropped off my new charger yesterday.

I have been using a pair of Checkpoint TC-1030's for all my charging needs, but sadly, they do no charge LiFe/A123 packs.:(

I am putting a LiFe pack in my 4PK and also will be switching to LiFe packs in my Baja's so I needed to find a new charger to do the job.

I also see myself using 6S LiPo's in the near future and the Checkpoint is only good to 4.

Enter the Hyperion EOS0720i
Hyperion1.jpg

Hyperion2.jpg

Hyperion3.jpg

The specs on this bad boy means that I won't have to replace it for a long time.

I will probably sell one of my 1030's.

Can charge at 20 amps!!!!!! You can blow packs up in a heartbeat with that mofo, very nice charger!

I'm looking for a new charger. What did that bad boy cost?

Awesome charger! My last 4 chargers have all been Hyperion, and I only upgraded them due to needing more amps or cell count capability.

Looks like a sweet charger, I hear nothing but good things about the Hyperion Chargers, if my Ice charger dies that will probably be the route i go....

I used cheap chargers in the past and decided to get a good charger when I started using Lipo and I'm glad I did, my Hyperion charger is just freaking awesome!

I love this new charger.

I thought I would not like the fact that you can't see all settings at once like on the Checkpoint, but it has not been an issue since I use memory slot for each pack and only have to program the settings once.

The LiPo store function that brings the pack down to 60% for storage has been a huge time saver for me.

I have already sold one of my Checkpoints and am getting ready to sell the other one now so I can pick up a second one of these.

In case anybody is wondering why I need 2 chargers. I often race 2 to 3 separate classes on any given race day. While I can get away with only 1 charger when I run rigs that use only one pack, the ERevo uses 2 and it becomes an issue with only 1 charger so I need 2. It just makes for a nice stress free race day.

I am not positive but don't they make a Hyperion that charges 2 batteries at once, If you got one of those it would be like having 3 charges if you added that to the one you already have, LOL!!!!!!

I suppose I should have went that route from the get go, but it's too late now.

It's not too late if you haven't ordered the second one, Rob.

I am using a 25 amp supply I picked up at Radio Shack a few years ago.

Back