Tx pack - LIPO or LIFE?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lessen

Super Awesome!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Life is supposed to be extremely durable and have a really long lifespan. What I like most that I'm reading is that LIFE packs have a near zero self-discharge. I kinda like the idea that I can pick up my Tx and not worry about it's capacity.

I'm currently looking at two packs @ Amain for my 3PK.

• 11.1v 2300mah Lipo
  • 9.9v 1600mah LIFE
Cost different is neglible. Any input?

I use a LiPo in my 3PKS because a LiFe pack was not available at the time. My 4PK uses a LiFe pack.

I feel that a TX pack and RX pack are perfect for LiFe pack use. Voltage is spot on compared to AA's so no regulator is needed for RX packs and more importantly, they are safe. Proper storage of a LiPo pack means you remove it and put it in a LiPo sack or fire proof container. I would like to see a show of hands of guys who would remove their LiPo pack from a transmitter or even unplug it. I certainly don't.

My 2 cents before taxes.

If your charger can handle, I'd say go LiFE. You've got all of the pluses listed. My only question is will the 3pk run at the voltage that the LiFE put out.

Low voltage alarm on the 3PK is around 8.5v so it will work.

Sounds like LIFE is the way to go. My new chargers do LIFE too so I'm looking to maximize its potential if the usage makes sense. I like all the perks of the LIFE packs. Thanks for the response guys.

Back