Tuned my old 1/8 Raminator up. And now I need new parts I can't find. Need some help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkred

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My two speed transmission gears got shredded! my truck is so old there are no more factory replacement parts. Can I just put another two speed gear set on it?
FYI my gears are 70T and 63T 48 pitch.

Thank you for the Reply. I also have the original manual but the parts have been discontinued. Yeah I saw the 70T spur on ebay but it was 45.00 and that is only one of the two I would need. Here is a pic of the bad parts. I think I'm gonna need to change my spur gears to newer models. I would like to still have a two speed transmission.

20221204_141626.jpg

20221204_141628.jpg

20221204_141629.jpg

I would contact Fearless RC and see what they have to say.
I'll look into that. Thank you!

My two speed transmission gears got shredded! my truck is so old there are no more factory replacement parts. Can I just put another two speed gear set on it?
FYI my gears are 70T and 63T 48 pitch.
The spur gears for that kit should be the same as the LST1, LST2, or XXL if I'm not mistaken. I've never owned the Raminator (I do own three of the other Losi MTs tho) but my understanding it was basically a more budget friendly variant of the LST2 model and I'm pretty sure other than the body and having plastic shock bodies I believe the Raminator was the same kit as the LST2. That being said the only difference between the LST2 and the XXL was the XXL had a longer chassis and drive shafts so all the other parts for that kit should also work. The LST1 had a handful of differences from the LST2 but it was mostly in the parts at the end of the a-arms like the c-hub, spindles, wheel hex size etc. There might be one or two other differences between the LST1 and LST2 but liek 90% of the parts for the LST1 are the same also. The XXL2 and the XXL2-E are also 90% the same as the XXL other than the power plants. The 3XL-E has some of the same parts but they actually went to a different chassis for that MT. They did keep some of the same suspension parts though.

Hope that helps

P.S. Those spur gears are Mod1 pitch not 48P. Virtually all 1/8 scale nitros as far as I'm aware use Mod1 gears but the Losi MTs for sure do.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...0.l1313&_nkw=Losi+XXL+LST2+spur+gear&_sacat=0

Last edited:
The spur gears for that kit should be the same as the LST1, LST2, or XXL if I'm not mistaken. I've never owned the Raminator (I do own three of the other Losi MTs tho) but my understanding it was basically a more budget friendly variant of the LST2 model and I'm pretty sure other than the body and having plastic shock bodies I believe the Raminator was the same kit as the LST2. That being said the only difference between the LST2 and the XXL was the XXL had a longer chassis and drive shafts so all the other parts for that kit should also work. The LST1 had a handful of differences from the LST2 but it was mostly in the parts at the end of the a-arms like the c-hub, spindles, wheel hex size etc. There might be one or two other differences between the LST1 and LST2 but liek 90% of the parts for the LST1 are the same also. The XXL2 and the XXL2-E are also 90% the same as the XXL other than the power plants. The 3XL-E has some of the same parts but they actually went to a different chassis for that MT. They did keep some of the same suspension parts though.

Hope that helps

P.S. Those spur gears are Mod1 pitch not 48P. Virtually all 1/8 scale nitros as far as I'm aware use Mod1 gears but the Losi MTs for sure do.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...0.l1313&_nkw=Losi+XXL+LST2+spur+gear&_sacat=0
Thank you Greywolf74. That is a whole lotta information I did not know, Much appreciated!

Thank you Greywolf74. That is a whole lotta information I did not know, Much appreciated!
I found those parts on Amazon as well. The centers of the gears I have look much different. Particularly, where the one way beraring fits in and the center hole sizes. Here are some pics of the parts I want to order. VS the parts from my truck disassembled. I'm thinking I would need to buy the new one way bearing that fits these ones specifically?

new parts.png

20221204_171026.jpg

20221204_172020.jpg

Hmmmm, Didnt realize they did change this design a bit for the Ram. If it were me and I was willing to throw a few bucks at it, I would look up the exploded view of the LST2 and see if you couldnt just buy all of the parts to build the LST2 spurgear assembly. Id have to compare parts and exploded views but I'm betting if you had the LST2 assembly it would probably fit and work on the Ram and then replacement parts would be a little easier to source.

Hmmmm, Didnt realize they did change this design a bit for the Ram. If it were me and I was willing to throw a few bucks at it, I would look up the exploded view of the LST2 and see if you couldnt just buy all of the parts to build the LST2 spurgear assembly. Id have to compare parts and exploded views but I'm betting if you had the LST2 assembly it would probably fit and work on the Ram and then replacement parts would be a little easier to source.
Is the LST2 still available?

Yeah, huge one off. But I took your advice and compared the LST2 part diagram and I think I found a way to make it work. Made a 45$ order for the new spur gears and the new one way bearing all the rest of the parts look interchangeable. Thank s again I could not have got here with out your knowledge, Much appreciated.

Yeah, huge one off. But I took your advice and compared the LST2 part diagram and I think I found a way to make it work. Made a 45$ order for the new spur gears and the new one way bearing all the rest of the parts look interchangeable. Thank s again I could not have got here with out your knowledge, Much appreciated.
Get a few extra spurs before they are gone for good.

*fingers crossed* :)

So I got all the parts and rebuilt my spur gears in the LST2 Configuration. Works like a champ! Thank you @Greywolf74! I dont think i could have made that jump on my own!

Y'all are pretty Awesome! Merry Christmas!
!

Attachments

• 20221227_142620.jpg
    20221227_142620.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 31
Back