Tt02 build, motor and esc question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turner421

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, just another newb question. I have a TT02 being delivered tomorrow and I want to make it brushless. I have been trying to do research and figure out what esc motor combo will be best. Iā€™m just getting frustrated šŸ˜©! What are your opinions? And help is greatly appreciated!

Hey guys, just another newb question. I have a TT02 being delivered tomorrow and I want to make it brushless. I have been trying to do research and figure out what esc motor combo will be best. Iā€™m just getting frustrated šŸ˜©! What are your opinions? And help is greatly appreciated!
I wish I had some info for you but I dont really do Tamiya kits since The Frog. Hopefully someone will be along with some helpful info. :)

Planning on putting either the following

Hobbywing 10BL120 SD with 21.5 or 25.5T 540 motor

Or

Hobbywing Justock esc/motor combo with 21.5 or 25.5 540 motor.

But, since I'm planning on keeping it on the shelf, most likely would stay with brushed. Gonna put in my spare Titan 12T motor and see how it compares to the tamya sport tuned motor it comes with, which idk the specs on it.

Before throwing stuff at it, try driving your TT02 with the stock brushed setup. Any handling or "why doesn't it go straight?" Issues will only be worse with brushless.

Otherwise, I'd just buy a cheap Surpass Hobby combo and a 24t, steel 0.6 pinion. Stock Tamiya pinions deform even on brushed NiMH power.

Gonna put in my spare Titan 12T motor and see how it compares to the tamya sport tuned motor it comes with, which idk the specs on it.
Your Titan may not fit, they use a longer shaft that doesn't fit into a TT02 without trimming.

Back