Truck has dead spots

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike291983

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a t maxx 3.3 on a 2.5 platform runs and drives outstanding only i got to pull my tranny apart every four tanks. whith all I'm doing and have done i can't seem to get rid of a dead spot in the motor. you can hit the throttle as you go more theres a dead spot like you have to skip it to get her going. this can't be normal. any help would be great I'm new to rc but I'm a certified automotive master technition. nitro is a whole different thing. thanks guys. Mike.

damnnn help!!!!!!!!!!!!

nitro 3.3 tmax ima leave out an x till its rite. throttle slowly give it it climbs but hits a dead spot that it sounds like it boggs down. I'm new to nitro operating it for five months. this is a bug i need help with. has any one had this problem. if so how do i fix it.. THANK YOU.. MIKE ..

Don't understand what your trying to say. Are you saying that your eng bogs down under acceleration?

no

no as i slowly accelerate there is a spot where i have to give more throttle. its like its fighting to stay running beyond that point its running great. is this normal with nitro? seems like it is very rich at that point cause once i get it beyong that point fuel spues from the exaust but i can not lean the HSP any more performance is lost temp climbs. Mike.

---------- Post added at 9:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:29 PM ----------

ok bear with me.... started car.. idling fine when i slowly climb throuh the throttle its like it struggles at about 1/4 throttle if i squeeze tx beyound that its fine i think it might be normal. fuel sprays out when i go beyond 1/4 then clears.. but LSN and HSN idle are the best they can be for climate... is a problem with this 1/4 spot common. the car suffers at a slow take off..

First let me say, welcome to Rc Nitro Talk. It sounds like your tunning is not correct try this first.
rc-nitro-flowchart.jpg

The facts

When i run my car i run it full throttle but i let my daughter run it and when i let her i use a feature that allows the car only so much speed and i noticed that when i am doing this it seems as if it is having trouble getting going and doesn't sound like it wants to either but when i use it at full throttle it just wants to go and sounds like it wants to go like it should.. MIKE:\

---------- Post added at 9:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:50 PM ----------

I've had that for months now been there. motor is 90 percent new. followed procedure to the book for break in.

---------- Post added at 9:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:54 PM ----------

I dont get it

Sounds like its just loading up with fuel at low rpms. A rich LSN will cause the symptoms you describe. With the engine up to temp, immediately after a high speed run pinch the fuel line closed approx an inch from the carb. The engine should die with a slight raise in rpms in approx 3 or 4 seconds. A shorter pinch time would indicate a lean hsn, a longer pinch time a rich lsn.

Sounds like its just loading up with fuel at low rpms. A rich LSN will cause the symptoms you describe. With the engine up to temp, immediately after a high speed run pinch the fuel line closed approx an inch from the carb. The engine should die with a slight raise in rpms in approx 3 or 4 seconds. A shorter pinch time would indicate a lean hsn, a longer pinch time a rich lsn.

+ 2 engine is loading up retune LSN & HSN needles what engine temps are you running if your overheating engine will bog as well & cause sluggy throttle as well

ok I've been running at about 220 give or take a few. i will retune and get back to you thank you all.