Traxxas TRX-4m Water Gear.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZaneC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I have an idea. It might not be a very good idea, but it's an idea. I wonder if you could attach boat equipment to a TRX-4m. Something like the picture, but it still has wheels.

Resto-Floating.jpg

Basically you just bolt on the equipment, and your a boat with wheels.

It makes a fine submarine as is. Maybe put paddle tires on all 4 corners and cut up a pool noodle and tuck around the chassis and under the body?

That's kinda what I was thinking. The only problems: rust, short circuit.

That's kinda what I was thinking. The only problems: rust, short circuit.
Pull your servos and receiver apart and conformal coat the circuit boards. Use dielectric grease on the receiver pins and any connectors.

I'm using the stock ECM. Is it waterproof without a coating?
Pull your servos and receiver apart and conformal coat the circuit boards. Use dielectric grease on the receiver pins and any connectors.

I noticed some say water resistant now when they used to be waterproof.
Yeah. The electronics are basically splash proof, but even that isn't always true. I put a waterproof servo in an 18th scale buggy, hit a 1/8" deep puddle, and fried the servo on the third time out.

Yeah. The electronics are basically splash proof, but even that isn't always true. I put a waterproof servo in an 18th scale buggy, hit a 1/8" deep puddle, and fried the servo on the third time out.
I submerged the old vxl and castle systems. No issues. Whatever they did to water proof them was a huge jynx. 🤣🤣 the old traxxas am recievers too.

I submerged the old vxl and castle systems. No issues. Whatever they did to water proof them was a huge jynx. 🤣🤣 the old traxxas am recievers too.
Yeah, the AMs are impossible to kill. I have one that's 5-10 years older than me, and it's still running strong.

Back