Traxxas to deans connector

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captn Danford

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi guys iv bought a Traxaas TRx4 Defender. all my batteries are Deans.I'm needing a lead to convert.... but i can't seem to find any info about connections.i know i need a Male deans on 1 end (to go into battery) and I'm unsure what i need on the Truck end.. i also assume the plug on the truck is Male..so I'm guessimg MALE DEANS TO FEMALE TRAXXAS.. does this sound correct coz the only lead i can find is opposites.

thanks man yeh..just wasn't sure that the truck end would be male but spose al batteries should b Female so yeh thanks a tonne

You can find several different variations on Amazon. I just bought Deans to XT90s myself.
I've also made up several different connector adapters so I can use my Traxxas chargers on everything. However I prefer XT90s over anything.

You could also just solder on a Deans connector on the truck side and get rid of that Traxxas plug 😉
I hate those Traxxas connectors so, yeah, I chop 'em off! However, that would void the esc warranty.
When it does goes, like mine, replace it with a $40 programmable Hobbywing WP 1080. That's exactly what I did, when my Traxxas stock one crapped out.

I hate Traxxas connectors also but I do like Traxxas chargers.

Hi guys iv bought a Traxaas TRx4 Defender. all my batteries are Deans.I'm needing a lead to convert.... but i can't seem to find any info about connections.i know i need a Male deans on 1 end (to go into battery) and I'm unsure what i need on the Truck end.. i also assume the plug on the truck is Male..so I'm guessimg MALE DEANS TO FEMALE TRAXXAS.. does this sound correct coz the only lead i can find is opposites.
I agree with everyone above. First the traxxas electronics SUCK. Second the new ID connector syck even more... sorry but with that said. The warranty sucks also. And you can get a better esc like mentioned above the 1080 hobbywing anyway. I would just cut the truck connector off and run a deans like you already have. The adaptors will add resistance. To the power supply going to esc. Well it's a crawler so not that much in going anyway..I personally like the XT line of plugs. In that case it would be the XT-60..

Back