Traxxas steering issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtwells1394

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have car with traxxas velineon v-3s esc and motor and spectrum receiver and dx5c controller . Recently when I’m driving and let off the gas the car turns right . Everything is fine on the car it turns left or right and centers correctly it only does it when the throttle is released. I also noticed if I pick the car up and turn the car left or right the wheels turn also without the controller being touched. Like it’s turning off gyro or something . I know I probably accidentally changed something in the controller or something but I can’t figure it out and help would be appreciated

I would re-calibrate and re-bind, that isn't the fix then my guess would be the servo is starting to crap out.
If it's a RTR car and has the original stock servo then it's probably the issue. RTR servos are far from top quality.

I would re-calibrate and re-bind, that isn't the fix then my guess would be the servo is starting to crap out.
If it's a RTR car and has the original stock servo then it's probably the issue. RTR servos are far from top quality.
It’s a kit and really good servo . I’ll have to try to rebind it . The thing that gets me is the car will turn left or right if I pick it up and turn it in the air without the controller being touched . A bad servo wouldn’t cause that . It’s like the car has some sort of gyroscopic control or something
I talked to my brother and he said it could be the AVC ( some kind of counter steering setting) but it’s disabled in the remote so we’re both stumped

Sounds like AVC is still on. Since you have it set at disabled on the transmitter, then it's either the transmitter or the ESC that's the issue. I'm leaning towards the ESC that's the issue

good ole spectrum..thats my 1 cent worth.try a different radio if you have 1.. escs dont cause this.

Sounds like AVC is still on. Since you have it set at disabled on the transmitter, then it's either the transmitter or the ESC that's the issue. I'm leaning towards the ESC that's the issue
Do you think the esc is bad or needs reprogramming ? I know just enough to tear poop up lol I’m confused by the issue

I use the dx5c transmitter but threw the SR6100AT in the garbage. I never could get it to work.

good ole spectrum..thats my 1 cent worth.try a different radio if you have 1.. escs dont cause this.

So many people run them and don’t have issues . Not saying your wrong because I don’t know much but a lot of people around here run them. I’ll try one of my dads radios then . Worth a shot
I've never known Traxxas esc to be reprogramable by the consumer.
Idk either . My brothers car is and I’m new so don’t know much .

That RX is shite. A lot of people have replaced it with other compatible RXs. A lot of folks have had the same exact issue you're having as well. To disable the AVC which should fix the issue do the following.

How To Switch Off AVC on Spektrum SR6100AT Receiver​

1. When you power on your receiver, press the Bind button 3 times within 1.5 seconds, then IMMEDIATELY press and hold the Bind button to put the receiver in Bind mode.
  2. Bind it to your transmitter.
  3. That’s it! When you switch off and on your vehicle, the Receiver should flash 3 times to show that AVC has been disabled.

Back