Traxxas Stampede

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurphycobras

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have about a 225 budget and I want to get a brushed stampede with the xl-5 esc. What is a good brushed motor that would make it faster? And other things like battery upgrades to make it faster?

$225 for the whole thing or just for motor?

Lol whole thing. I can get it for about 195 on Amazon so I have 30 bucks for a motor. I don't think I'm ready for brushless yet.

Stock comes with the modified Titan 12t motor

yeah i agree with greywolf. Save your money and you wont be disappointed. You can get a 2wd Stampede VXL for pretty cheap sometimes. Google it and i think you will be surprised.

What do you guys think about the brushless Redcat volcanoe?

Redcat is a brand that up until the last year or so was generally considered sub-par. They have recently been pushing toward better traxxas like quality but its still to early for me to consider them but if you were to consider them then I would do some research I would see if any credible sources (Squirrel, Jang, Djmedic) have a review video on that kit and see what they say about it. If it comes from one of the before mentioned people then that would be a great place to get an answer as to whether or not you should or shouldnt.

Maybe fps Russia might have some good reviews on it from what iv heard about them :p

I don't think I would get a Redcat smaller than their 1/5th scale gassers. They're still having QC problems on the plastic parts.

Back