Traxxas Stampede

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydrew39219

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello, I bet you guys never thought I'd be posting here. But it seems that a friend of mine would like me to find him some good batteries for his Stampede.

I don't know part numbers, but I can tell you this. It's one of the older 2WD electric pede's. Titan 12T 550, XL5 esc. Not 100% sure if it has LVD. I looked at it last night real quick it was white and blue, waterproof, XL5.

I told him I would give him a couple choices. The first was to just go with a cheaper Nimh battery that would have better performance than whatever the stock one is. or to get a nicer Lipo battery and a Lipo charger as well. He doesn't want to put to much into this old pede though, so that is why I am keeping the Nimh option.

What would you guys get for a Nimh and/or Lipo for a pede? I'm not an electrician by any means and I wouldn't like to have to solder. But I can deal with stripping, crimping, ect.

I think the new one is waterproof. So it should Have LVD. I would go with some 2s lipos. I have been very please with SPC Racing Batteries. But he will need a LiPo balance charger and errr thing.

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

---------- Post added at 8:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:41 AM ----------

http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=125

http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=112

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

Last edited:
The AC680 is a decent cahrger for beginners using 2S and 3S packs. It can't charge the larger packs at a full 1C rating but it can charge all the way up to 6S packs.

Id personally look at Lipo over NiXX and I would also look at gensacearespammers, Sky, Zippy, and GForce lipos in addition to SPC packs. Theyre all good brands for bashing.

Last edited:
i just checked his esc. It does not say "low voltage detection" so it must not be able to take lipos. any comment on the battery I linked earlier?

Id say put another $20 bucks with that $45 for the NiXX pack and buy a Castle Sidewinder ESC and then look at a cheap 2S Sky or Zippy pack. Once you go lipo you'll never look back.

Id say put another $20 bucks with that $45 for the NiXX pack and buy a Castle Sidewinder ESC and then look at a cheap 2S Sky or Zippy pack. Once you go lipo you'll never look back.

I'll certainly let him know, but I think he's set on just a new battery for the moment. I got him excited to run his pede last night because I gave him a wheelie bar I bought for my pede. Because I find out it works only on the e-pede.

Maybe if he's not pulling wheelies with his new batterys I can convince him to put that wheelie bar to use! :D

I can't believe it though guys, we actually ran his pede last night without charging it before hand and it lasted for 10 minutes or so. It is the pack he got with the pede a long time ago. and it has just sat out in a cold tool shed for years. Doesn't have too much performance (because the battery) but we could still drive it around and get it to slide on the porch.

Back