Traxxas Slash/ Raptor 2WD Q's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevoME

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I would appreciate some pointers from you guys.

Want: Traxxas Slash/ Raptor 2WD.

From what I understand, the 2WD Raptor is the only variant that allows me to not have all the racing decals and stay 2WD... Easy sell.

Apparently the truck comes OOTB with an extra gear, which can be installed to gain some speed. People are also talking about LiPO conversions and going brush-less on the motor. Who's done it, and what's/ who's the best source for these upgrades? I am not as much concerned with the top speed, as I am with run-times.

Truck will be run mostly indoors or outside in dry conditions, so I am looking for pointers with nicer looking tires and wheels and other bling hop ups. Any pointers?

Thanks a lot in advance!

there is a big difference between brushed and brushless and nimh and lipo

if you want brushless then buy one with it installed its cheaper than adding later

if they only sell this truck with that body with the 12t motor then buy the body seperate or paint one the way you want

lots of options
consider what you want and price the options versus a ready vxl

I have a used slash 2wd that I bought the Proline Raptor body for and gave it a basic paintjob. It came with some paperwork showing the slash with 2.2 tire/wheel combo that gave it a real meaty look. I had some Rock Lizard tires hangin around from my AX10 so I mounted them and it does quite well. Lost a little lowend power cause of the bigger tires but thats why they make aftermarket gearing. Still a brushed version for bashing around the yard so its not a speed demon by any means but I do like the beefier look this setup gives it. i run a 2S 7600mas pack that consistently gives me 35-40min runs of solid bashing with the stock 12T motor

Last edited:
Truck arrived...

On order:

RPM Mudflaps
RPM Bumpers F/R
LED Lights F/R including container for them.
JConcepts "tense" Wheels with a set of Proline Street Fighters.
Currently shopping for other bling stuff and looking for a custom paint job.

Yes... it will be another shelf queen. :hehe:

Probably going to use the Traxxas Tradeup on the motor but not sure about LiPO. I can't help myself after I smoked one of these suckers in the past, I don't trust this stuff... :whhooo:

Last edited: