Traxxas Rustler intermittent full throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ev-dogdog

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a traxxas rustler with a Radient esc and a 9 turn 4300kv ezrun brushless motor. I run a 2s lipo, and I am having trouble with the throttle. It wont go full speed for more than about 2 seconds at a time. I'm not sure what it is, i dont use it that much, but it would be nice for it to work correctly when I do. Thanks everyone!

First step, recalibrate the ESC's throttle range settings.

I just did that, its still doing the same thing, i was reading up on that esc it looks like it could be a battery issue.

What lipo are you using?

I had an issue similar to that on my stampede. It would also "chatter" when I tried going full throttle. Ended up being the power wire going to the esc from the battery was cracked inside the insulation and only about 1/4 of the strands were still connected. So basically, it wasn't getting enough current flow. A pack that is too low C for the setup or a really tired pack could probably do the same thing.

What lipo are you using?

I had an issue similar to that on my stampede. It would also "chatter" when I tried going full throttle. Ended up being the power wire going to the esc from the battery was cracked inside the insulation and only about 1/4 of the strands were still connected. So basically, it wasn't getting enough current flow. A pack that is too low C for the setup or a really tired pack could probably do the same thing.
Speaking of "flow", those motors with the ABC wires coming out of the can, and that are apart of the stator (you know, the ones with really stiff wires) don't like to be bent out of shape a lot.

My Stampede 4x4 VXL did that, only on 11.1 volt Lipo. Smoke coming through the headlights and the motor was hot enough to burn my fingerprints off. It was a brand new vehicle, so my dealer warrantied me out a new engine and ESC. 7.4 batteries never did that,, but this VXL is designed to take 11.1, and I wanted my engine to be able to do that. I rarely run the 11.1 though.Traxxas batteries, by the way. No problems now, either battery.Good luck, Dog

Back