Traxxas Removing Wheels ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flaps

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
My son is trying to take off his stock Bandit VXL Wheels/Tires, he got a set of Anacondas with Wheels. He does the usual nut removal, but it wont come off, we know he did not strip it, so we tried another side even more carefully, same thing it loosens up but the nut just starts spinning freely then will not come all the way off ??? Have never has this before, any ideas ?

My son is trying to take off his stock Bandit VXL Wheels/Tires, he got a set of Anacondas with Wheels. He does the usual nut removal, but it wont come off, we know he did not strip it, so we tried another side even more carefully, same thing it loosens up but the nut just starts spinning freely then will not come all the way off ??? Have never has this before, any ideas ?
Take some needle nose pliers and grab the nut and pull. That should work

Sounds like the hex pin came out. Secure the drive saft with an Allen or screw driver, even pliers. Hold the shaft and spin. The fronts can be a pain.

If that was the case, put the car on its side with the tire up, put downward pressure on the tire your removing while loosening the nut. That should prevent it next time.

Sounds like the hex pin came out. Secure the drive saft with an Allen or screw driver, even pliers. Hold the shaft and spin. The fronts can be a pain.

If that was the case, put the car on its side with the tire up, put downward pressure on the tire your removing while loosening the nut. That should prevent it next time.
ohhh i didnt even think about that

Take some needle nose pliers and grab the nut and pull. That should work
Thanks , that was the issue, on both wheels, bizarre, on our smaller cars those don't just fall out like this.

If it's the front wheel giving problems, it is because it is a live axle. At least it used to be and is on my old Rustler. You'll need to squeeze the backside of the axle with a finger to keep the axle from spinning so the nut can be removed.