Traxxas nitro rustler 2.5 -to- 3.3?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GusMax86

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Will the 3.3 work fit and work in the Rustler? It's got the 2.5 and I'm thinking of getting a rebuild kit for my old 3.3 and swaping it out after I burn up this 2.5! Any one done this? I think that that would be a pretty fast little bugger.

Yes, the 3.3 is a direct swap for the rustler 2.5. Just be ready though, for a wild lil truck :D

the 2.5r was a good engine for the nitro rustler, and a 3.3 will be awesome... but i can't leave well enough alone so i put an OS.18 in my....BRUTLER

Yeah you'll (hopefully) be posting pics of wheelies soon if you go to the 3.3 in a light wieght rustler

Sweet I was just checking, I thought it would work but wasn't quite sure... I'm out of state right now but will be putting the 3.3 that just came out of the revo into the rusler. I got the ruslter with less than 3 tanks through it, a brand new quickcharger, a just opened gallon of top fuel 20%, all parts and manuals, with a 2.5R for 100$ from some guy who lost intrest a little too quickly. LOL I tried to show him some stuff but he said he was sick of it and just wanted to see if he could get it into the hands of someone that knew what they were doing.

I'll see if I can get it in a vid with my revo... And thanks for the response

I guess alot of people buy an RC car just because they want to drive one... Then they find out it's a hobbie... lol Kudos to Gus for finding the right guy

I guess alot of people buy an RC car just because they want to drive one... Then they find out it's a hobbie... lol Kudos to Gus for finding the right guy
Your absolutely right!...I run nitro & electric RC cars,trucks,planes,helis,boats ect...and enjoy working on them as much as playing with them it definitely takes a genuine love for the hobby. Just recently picked up the Traxxas 1/5 XRT & XMAXX as well as the losi LMT Grave Digger and Bog Hog also the ARMA 1/7 Felony and Infraction...loving them all so far!!