Traxxas Funny Cars

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgbdwlf2500

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anybody messed with them? I'm thinking about getting one but not sure if i want to spend that much money on something i probably wont have anyone to race and even if i do have someone its just a straight line. Thoughts/opinions would be appreciated. I wouldnt mind hearing comments/opinions from anyone who has just seen someone run one.

I would pass. Who are you going to race?

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

I like drag racing though. The fact they have a timing tree is cool. Just want to hear if anyone that has seem them run thinks they are as cool as they seem

If they were nitro it would be way more fun. Being electric and just punch the throttle. It's a bit boring. If u have ever been to real drag racing with top fuelers etc u would know half the racing is pushing the motor to its limits. Or u can run it safe and save ur motor to get some more life. I think that would be the way I would go.

You can buy the timing tree separate and then run any kit you want. The drag cars are cool but are very limited and honestly just dont seem like much fun after the first few minutes.

They're also almost $500 for a car that just goes in a straight line! Plus then you have to buy the tree! I think I personally would find it boring.

Ya that's what I'm worried about. I get good discounts at tower and they get better the more I spend which is why I'm considering it.

Buy yourself a Brushless Erevo and have at it. With the mamba monster system in it, the thing hauls. That is, if you can keep it on the ground :D Plus like you said you will save more by spending more!

I am a Big NHRA Drag Racing Fan... I have had the chance to " Run " these Drag car's @
Maple Grove Raceway in Reading Pa @ National's TRAXXAS had there Big R/C Tractor Trailer Rig there & had a nice area set up for running ALL OF Traxxas R/C's...
Personaly hears my Thoughts on the Funny Car

The Body Shakes @ Hi Speeds " dont know if this is part of design of car & soposed to do that because the Real Drag car's body shakes the hole 1/4 mile of the track "

Looking @ the chassis of the Car it looks very well constructed but the Battery looks like it's a pain to get in & out for Charging

The ESC & other Electronic components are cramped in there spaces & possably cause fustration's when working on car

Motor looks like its not too bad to swap out / But replaceing spur & pinion gears look tough to do

Overall the Car is pretty quick in it's stock form I enjoyed driving it " I made about 6 passes "

Not Worth the Money though & if you dont have a friend that already has a Dragster & the Timing Tree than maybe the fun factor is there.. but otherwise I'll PASS....

---------- Post added at 6:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:00 AM ----------

OHH I forget to metion the SEXY Ladies that work in the Traxxas Play area taking your general info on what you like in our sport... Thay are happy to assist you in what ever Rig you choose to Drive & I was Drooling & Staring the hole time.... & if you get to any NHRA event make a bee line to the TRAXXAS big RED-RIG & you'll have a blast........

Last edited:
Buy yourself a Brushless Erevo and have at it. With the mamba monster system in it, the thing hauls. That is, if you can keep it on the ground :D Plus like you said you will save more by spending more!

They want way too much money for those for as many plastic parts as they have... All that money and plastic axles? The Flux HP is money better spent. I'm leaning towards a new Emaxx and putting a VXL system in it (or 2) hehehe because i can use their flexpay on that. I'm also considering the Flux HP again. I've already had one of those and know they are insanely fast and tough.

I am a Big NHRA Drag Racing Fan... I have had the chance to " Run " these Drag car's @
Maple Grove Raceway in Reading Pa @ National's TRAXXAS had there Big R/C Tractor Trailer Rig there & had a nice area set up for running ALL OF Traxxas R/C's...
Personaly hears my Thoughts on the Funny Car

The Body Shakes @ Hi Speeds " dont know if this is part of design of car & soposed to do that because the Real Drag car's body shakes the hole 1/4 mile of the track "

Looking @ the chassis of the Car it looks very well constructed but the Battery looks like it's a pain to get in & out for Charging

The ESC & other Electronic components are cramped in there spaces & possably cause fustration's when working on car

Motor looks like its not too bad to swap out / But replaceing spur & pinion gears look tough to do

Overall the Car is pretty quick in it's stock form I enjoyed driving it " I made about 6 passes "

Not Worth the Money though & if you dont have a friend that already has a Dragster & the Timing Tree than maybe the fun factor is there.. but otherwise I'll PASS....

---------- Post added at 6:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:00 AM ----------

OHH I forget to metion the SEXY Ladies that work in the Traxxas Play area taking your general info on what you like in our sport... Thay are happy to assist you in what ever Rig you choose to Drive & I was Drooling & Staring the hole time.... & if you get to any NHRA event make a bee line to the TRAXXAS big RED-RIG & you'll have a blast........

Thanks Grave, thats exactly what i was looking for. Will probably be just going with a new electric monster truck instead of getting both.