Traxxas EZ Start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Losi-HPI

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, can anyone tell me the plug-ins for the EZ Start system from Traxxas? (Everything I need to know to hook it up, just got one and have no idea.) Thanks, peace.

Are you asking for the pin wiring diagram?

I guess,.... if that's what I'd need to see. Thanks.

If you are wondering how to install it, Do you have a manual? If not let me know what you need to know, What plugs to plug each wire into? Let me know. I'll take pictures of my T-Maxx's Wiring system and try to help you out.

Yeah I don't really OWN a Traxxas persay, I recently aquired one for parts for my XXX-NT and so I don't have a manual. I guess yeah what I am asking is how do I set it all up, what goes where? Thank you so very much, peace.

I'm still confused (easy to do).

Are you putting the EZ start back on a Traxxas product or are you trying to install it on your xxx-nt? Traxxas has nice exploded diagrams of their vehicles on their web site.

Mr T

Ok, the EZ Start was not attached to anything, it came seperately, as a part if you will. I am looking to put it onto my XXX-NT. I don't need it on the Traxxas because I am not actually going to RUN the Traxxas, just use it for some stuff.

Alright, another question.

What engine are you going to install the EZ start on?

A Traxxas .15 engine.

Ok people, all I would like to know is what wire goes where, what plugs where!? Who cares what engine, who cares what car, what wire goes where, I know the red and the black but the others lost me.

The yellow is the ground wire, secure it to the block with one of the screws holding the engine to the engine mount. The infamous blue wire is used to ignite the glowplug, so stick it on the glow plug. The blue wire is not necessary if you have a glow plug ignitor, and typically not reccomended as it drains the starter battery juice.

I apologize for the questions, but your questions were very vague at best and I have not heard of anyone putting an EZ on a xxx-nt or the Mach .15, so I was trying to figure out what to tell you. I tried today to get a link for the exploded diagrams at Traxxas......did you try?.....but it kept locking up.

Friendly Advice; Being a Richard will not get you much help.

Mr T

Last edited:
If you can get a Mach 15 like in the new xxx-nt RTR , there is a spin start like in the LST.

Mr T-Maxx is correct with the yellow and blue. The red goes to the starter motor on the pin with the +. The black goes to the pin with the -.

Thank you peoples, I had tried finding a site with some kind of instruction prior to posting on here but came up empty handed. This was exactly what I was wondering and solves my mystery at hand, sorry for the impatience and what would seem to be sly attitude I was just getting pressed for an answer. Once again thanks a whole lot for all the help, peace.