DC Charger wanted

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normrdz300

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey All,
I am looking for a good DC charger for my EZ start batteries. Want something I can take along on bash days and charge from my vehicle. any suggestions?
Thanks!!

there are many Lower dollar chargers that are DC.. we called them 4 button or 50 watt chargers ...Amazon is a good source...remember start you car b4 charging and after

Couple solutions. But, first a couple questions. I'm assuming Traxxas? Correct me if I'm wrong. 6 or 7cell? Think I still have a couple of these somewhere. Works for 6 cell. Do a search. They can be found cheaper on Ebay.

https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-NiMH...XnXTYeP9hT4SRgHvuWaCzeKcsoA02U9AaAu-xEALw_wcB

If not Traxxas and/or 7 cell, there are many that have DC cables that will connect directly to your car battery. We have a couple around for charging NiMh packs while in the field. I can get names and models or others can jump in.

Last edited:
If I were going with a DC only charger, it would probably be an ISDT or iCharger.

Couple solutions. But, first a couple questions. I'm assuming Traxxas? Correct me if I'm wrong. 6 or 7cell? Think I still have a couple of these somewhere. Works for 6 cell. Do a search. They can be found cheaper on Ebay.

https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-NiMH...XnXTYeP9hT4SRgHvuWaCzeKcsoA02U9AaAu-xEALw_wcB

If not Traxxas and/or 7 cell, there are many that have DC cables that will connect directly to your car battery. We have a couple around for charging NiMh packs while in the field. I can get names and models or others can jump in.
that charger has the wrong socket for my ezstart 7.2 NiMh battery

pictures of the plug on the battery might help us
You could simply just get a adapter / charge lead too.
here it is

charger battery.jpg