Traxxas continues to discontinue...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9x19

Hardcore RCTalk User
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Along with the Rally, it looks like the full size Summit has joined the E-Revo on the discontinued list, but the real surprise is the TRX4 Sport kit being gone.

I wonder if any of them will come back as 2S models...

The shocking one to me is the E-Revo but I'm betting they discontinued it because they consider the Sledge to be its replacement.

I've always wanted an E-Revo and after all these years I still dont have one. Makes me wonder if I should buy one before its too late...

Last edited:
They might be gearing up for Christmas. Around this time They drop new models, maybe they are cleaning for a revamped model?

I'm also curious as to what's going on with the Traxxas models. I know I started a thread on the Traxxas forum specifically asking about the Erevo 2.0. Even thou it's not listed on the model showroom and in "support by model" it was said by a senior employee (Nitro Chicken) that "it's not officially out of production."

It's strange that Traxxas would discontinue so many models at once.
Hot Rods and Mustang are also missing. Wasn't there also a Stampede kit?

there was not a 'pede kit. you might be thinking of teh slash kit.
Stampede 4x4 kit. Call up and ask for Steve lindholm I think it was. If he's still there, he was a chill dude.

The shocking one to me is the E-Revo but I'm betting they discontinued it because they consider the Sledge to be its replacement.

I've always wanted an E-Revo and after all these years I still dont have one. Makes me wonder if I should buy one before its too late...
Not sure about E Revo, but I bought the Sledge about 2 months ago, and out of the 8 cars I own (5 Armma and 3 Traxxxas) I’ve had the most fun with the Sledge. Fast, light, and extremely durable. I replaced stock with Perfect Pass Servo and it just handles like a dream. You’ll also definitely want to reinforce the body with drywall tape and shoe goo, as it is pretty flimsy. Do yourself a favor and get a Sledge instead. I promise you won’t regret it.
Not sure about E Revo, but I bought the Sledge about 2 months ago, and out of the 8 cars I own (5 Armma and 3 Traxxxas) I’ve had the most fun with the Sledge. Fast, light, and extremely durable. I replaced stock with Perfect Pass Servo and it just handles like a dream. You’ll also definitely want to reinforce the body with drywall tape and shoe goo, as it is pretty flimsy. Do yourself a favor and get a Sledge instead. I promise you won’t regret it.

I'm not interested in the Sledge though. I already have several rigs that are basically the same thing. Thats why I never bought an E-REVO but if I was going to buy one it would be the E-REVO just because its pretty iconic and I wanted one for many years.

I'm not interested in the Sledge though. I already have several rigs that are basically the same thing. Thats why I never bought an E-REVO but if I was going to buy one it would be the E-REVO just because its pretty iconic and I wanted one for many years.

When I was looking for a fast something which is bigger than my MT10 and Hoss, I considered the E-Revo, but my Summit fills that (unique design) niche pretty well, plus I have the E-Maxx.

I looked a the Sledge, the Maxx, and a couple of the Arrma 6s models (almost jumped on one of the EXB rollers when they were on sale).

I decided on the Tekno MT410 for several reasons: it came in kit form, which I really like; it was priced at $369 at Tower, but once I added a JConcepts body, as a SS Club member, I got $75 off and free shipping, so it was really the best bargain for me; and I already had some Spektrum 6s electronics sitting around from my brief electric T-Maxx conversion.

When I was looking for a fast something which is bigger than my MT10 and Hoss, I considered the E-Revo, but my Summit fills that (unique design) niche pretty well, plus I have the E-Maxx.

I looked a the Sledge, the Maxx, and a couple of the Arrma 6s models (almost jumped on one of the EXB rollers when they were on sale).

I decided on the Tekno MT410 for several reasons: it came in kit form, which I really like; it was priced at $369 at Tower, but once I added a JConcepts body, as a SS Club member, I got $75 off and free shipping, so it was really the best bargain for me; and I already had some Spektrum 6s electronics sitting around from my brief electric T-Maxx conversion.
I almost bought a MT410 last black friday. I really want one of those.

I almost bought a MT410 last black friday. I really want one of those.
I'm assuming you're referring to the new MT410 2.0, and not the original MT410. The 'problem' I (and many others) have with the 'new' MT410 2.0 is that it really isn't an "MT410". While the new MT410 2.0 is a "true" 1/10 vehicle, the original MT410 was actually 1/8 scale (even though it was marketed as 1/10). The original had an adjustable wheelbase of 323-335mm, whereas the 2.0 has a shorter wheelbase (I don't know what, exactly, it is, other than it's definitely shorter).

Based on Tekno's body compatibility chart, the 2.0 Looks to be about an inch shorter wheelbase at 12.3"

Back